Holes in list

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Proof?
We act all high and mighty on the Essendon players, not one tested positive to anything, yet we accept "our" players as innocent when the positive test is in the record.
I am disgusted, and will remain disgusted by my clubs decision to overlook these breaches.
Old school thinking I know. But I'm an old school moralistic guy.
You are on a roll tonight....
Can't deny that.

Dangerous forwards of any shape or size, that's it.

I'd love to see a backline of Reid, Howe, Marsh, Langdon, Sinclair and Maynard next year. Lots of good intercept players and lots of athleticism. Ramsey, Smith, Adams and Varcoe can roll back there too.

Midfield is going to click, Pendles, Grundy, Treloar, Adams, Sidebottom, De Goey, Crisp and Aish. Well balanced with lots of improvement likely. Wills, Smith, Greenwood and Phillips look decent backups.

The forward line is the problem. Moore is the hope, Cloke should be kept as support, Fasolo and Elliot the class. I wouldn't be against picking up Michael Barlow as a high half forward goalkicker, playing like Tobey Greene has this year. Barlow finds the ball and can kick goals. The only thing left is a lightning quick small fwd who puts on good defensive pressure. WHE is not great defensively, but definitely looks dangerous at times as a fwd. Harvey is similar, dangerous but not defensive. Perhaps Varcoe could play this role in a better quality forward line when Fasolo, Moore, Elliot and perhaps Cloke or Moore are all targets.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate. Most afl players get on something. Just a fact. Younger generation love the talcum powder
Then they are risking their employment.
The excuse that everybody is doing it isn't an excuse.
Just a statement without fact.
These are elite players in an elite competition that are told repeatedly that they are responsible for anything they ingest.
I understand that they are just dumb footballers, but when the message is repeated, and you are told that your livelihood is at risk, then they are certainly dumber than I thought possible.

Sco80

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
You answered yourself well. Dumb is certainly what most of them are.

Sco80

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Which is a pity.
I thought that elite players needed to have some brains as the game has evolved to the extent that tactics and positioning were the difference between winning and losing.
Why do elite players need a brain Shen everything is handed to them on a silver platter and they don't need to think for themselves?

I don't think we have that many holes, but I think we've got one gaping hole - a second tall defender who can use the footy. At the moment when teams can see us switching the footy, they just leave as much space around Nathan Brown as possible, so that he'll get the footy. Maybe Keeffe can fill that hole, but I'd prefer to have someone who has played in the last two years.

This year we've had a shortage of flankers and pocket players, but that's been down to injury - our first choices in those roles defensively - Ramsay, Langdon and Scharenberg have all been injured. Offensively, the same has happened with Elliott, Faz and Swan. If we can get these blokes fit, sans Swan, the development of Maynard and Smith and the promising signs from Phillips and Crocker mean that we should be right for pockets and flanks. Although a couple of line breaking dashers with nice skills wouldn't go astray.

Last edited:

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Wish list:

Another young-gun emerging key forward
A silky, lighting goal sneak FP
A dependable full back

An elite strength, fitness and conditioning coach
An elite injury management department

that'll do for starters

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
We, the supporters, overlook them. And forgive.
I'm with Usain Bolt and other elite athletes.
You test positive for performance enhancing substances then you forfeit your right to compete at the elite level.
It's the only way to clean up sport worldwide. No excuses.

The club has chosen to forgo morals and give cheats another chance. Doesn't sit well with me. Shouldn't sit well with fans of any sport.

So we should all have the same morals as you? What makes your's right or the most appropriate?

Justlokan

All Australian
Aug 24, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Everton
I can see a little light down the end of a very long dark tunnel in terms of improving next year and beyond but there are some list holes that need filling to become a genuine force.

Davoren - he needs to go

PieNelso

Rookie
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I actually think it is a rebounding backman that can play big and small and can kick that is our number 1 priority. Think Dane Rampe. This would enable Howe to go forward. A forward line then of Moore, White, Elliot, Fasolo, Crocker, Howe and Varcoe looks ok to me. Obviously replacing White/Cloke/Cox would be ideal, but that is a bit of a pipe dream in the short term.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Why do people want Howe to move forward? Hes a better backman, struggles big time up forward.

Would love to leave the trade period with a key back and forward, otherwise we will struggle again in both areas. Marchbank down back, and Mason Wood up forward would have been the perfect trade period but obviously wont happen now.

Imagine if we swooped on Josh Bruce and Jack Hombsch when they were available..

Back