FTA-TV Holey Moley: will it rate or will it tank? Now with poll :-)

Will it rate or tank?

• It will succeed well enough to see out its run and not come last in its slot

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • It will tank and be shafted in a month

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • It will be a huge success

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Completely on brand

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I imagine the ratings were so high last night due to people tuning in for the novelty factor and Ch7 promoting the hell out of it for the last couple of months but I can see people getting sick of it pretty quickly especially when Ch7 are going to have three 90 minute episodes per week,

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I imagine the ratings were so high last night due to people tuning in for the novelty factor and Ch7 promoting the hell out of it for the last couple of months but I can see people getting sick of it pretty quickly especially when Ch7 are going to have three 90 minute episodes per week,
Agreed. Last night they had 983,000 viewers. My guess is that figure will be around 600k tonight, settling around 450k on Wednesday (and going forward for the next 2 weeks).

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I just think it's nice that the editors from early 2000's FHM and Ralph have got a gig in production on this one. So much 'just inside the boundary' innuendo and eye candy on display. Makes me feel all nostalgic.

A couple of the girls on there last night clearly weren't just picked for their ability at mini golf, their ability to look good in a short skirt was just as important.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
A couple of the girls on there last night clearly weren't just picked for their ability at mini golf, their ability to look good in a short skirt was just as important.
The two ladies who made the final were both extremely attractive... but they were also very good golfers, and clearly not selected on appearance alone. They also cast other females who were less attractive, and not as good at golf (e.g. the lady who was eliminated at the windmill hole). Being photogenic is obviously an advantage, but it doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
There were a few adult type jokes as well - I don't think you could call it family fun to be honest unless you make it PG rated.

The two ladies who made the final were both extremely attractive... but they were also very good golfers, and clearly not selected on appearance alone. They also cast other females who were less attractive, and not as good at golf (e.g. the lady who was eliminated at the windmill hole). Being photogenic is obviously an advantage, but it doesn't seem to be a pre-requisite.

exactly.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Ratings are in - Holey Moley lost near 250K people, dropped to 737,000 views, in 6th place. Won the slot but Travel Guides at 641K wasn't too far behind. Amazing Race at 493K only lost a small number from the previous night but they will struggle above half a million. That show needs a strong start.

So it isn't tanking but to lose that many (25%) in one night shows that the first night was a novelty but holding the audience will be tricky. They will likely win the slot but it isn't going to be the huge success predicted.

Ironically I thought last night's episode was pretty good in terms of humour.

I just think it's nice that the editors from early 2000's FHM and Ralph have got a gig in production on this one. So much 'just inside the boundary' innuendo and eye candy on display. Makes me feel all nostalgic.

Geez - Ralph - now there is a throwback - destroyed many a mag as a younger kid

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
This show is designed to be understood by 6yo children.
The commentators are as funny as a hat full of arseholes and are ripping off the 'Best in Show ' scene at the dog show.
They only show the lifesaver bloke putting sunscreen on himself , so they can get away with the wet t-shirt comp the girls are forced to perform.
Being in the audience for this must be awful.They cue the 'cheer' button and it must take multiple takes to show the crowd showing any interest.
They are all paid actors following a formula.
1 star.

Back