FTA-TV Holey Moley: will it rate or will it tank? Now with poll :-)

Will it rate or tank?

• It will succeed well enough to see out its run and not come last in its slot

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • It will tank and be shafted in a month

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • It will be a huge success

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Down to 543K people.....so it has lost almost half the audience in 3 episodes. If it is just 9-10 episodes, it will be fine but it is not a long term series

In saying that, I like the humor (better than reality shows) but it is quite long and really needs to be edited down to 60 mins

Down to 543K people.....so it has lost almost half the audience in 3 episodes. If it is just 9-10 episodes, it will be fine but it is not a long term series

In saying that, I like the humor (better than reality shows) but it is quite long and really needs to be edited down to 60 mins
I wasn't too far off the mark with my predictions of 600k (it got 740k) for Tuesday, and 500k (543k) for Wednesday.

The drop off was always to be expected. Ch 7 had been promoting the show heavily, and the Monday figures were driven by the curiosity factor. By Wednesday, they were paying the price for stripping it 3 nights per week, and the fatigue had settled in.

I expect ratings numbers to settle around 450k for the remaining 2 weeks, similar to what TAR Australia is getting this year. It's a pity though, because I suspect it could be rating around 800k consistently if they were only showing 1x 60-min episode per week, instead of 3x 90-min episodes.

According to this article, it's 8x weekly episodes plus a Grand Final:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainme...reality-tv-role-for-olympian-matt-shirvington

There is also a Celebrity Special (which is how Denise Drysdale got injured) and a Kids Special (kids hit the ball, parents do the physical challenges).
https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/01/holey-moleys-homecoming.html

Last edited:

This show is designed to be understood by 6yo children.
The commentators are as funny as a hat full of arseholes and are ripping off the 'Best in Show ' scene at the dog show.
They only show the lifesaver bloke putting sunscreen on himself , so they can get away with the wet t-shirt comp the girls are forced to perform.
Being in the audience for this must be awful.They cue the 'cheer' button and it must take multiple takes to show the crowd showing any interest.
They are all paid actors following a formula.
1 star.
I'm fairly sure the audience is entirely family & friends of the competitors.

Do the producers of this show believe the majority of Australian's are brain dead morons?
That guy with the beard was an arshole who grew his beard longer after they asked him to at the audition.
I wonder how many rehearsals they do before every show?
look at aussie tv, there's your answer

Yep thats the impression i got.

After watching it for 10 mins.

Do the producers of this show believe the majority of Australian's are brain dead morons?
That guy with the beard was an arshole who grew his beard longer after they asked him to at the audition.
I wonder how many rehearsals they do before every show?
This show is designed to be understood by 6yo children.
The commentators are as funny as a hat full of arseholes and are ripping off the 'Best in Show ' scene at the dog show.
They only show the lifesaver bloke putting sunscreen on himself , so they can get away with the wet t-shirt comp the girls are forced to perform.
Being in the audience for this must be awful.They cue the 'cheer' button and it must take multiple takes to show the crowd showing any interest.
They are all paid actors following a formula.
1 star.
With netflix, youtube and all the others, why would anyone bother with childish garbage like this on free to air TV anymore? Not like we dont have a choice? Are you all just dumb? Im sure your not, so that cant be it ....
Sometimes it’s good to switch off, especially at the moment. Lighten up.

I liked Wipeout for the same reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well 60 Minutes beat it last night but numbers were up on Wednesday night.........Amazing Race improved slightly but for Sunday night, they wouldn't get excited.

Will be interesting now with the tennis in the mix - I don't care about it and I am sure there is a turnoff factor with letting the tennis players into the country, but it usually wins the night slots.

With netflix, youtube and all the others, why would anyone bother with childish garbage like this on free to air TV anymore? Not like we dont have a choice? Are you all just dumb? Im sure your not, so that cant be it ....

Why would anyone bother with FTA and put up with ads?

Back