Holiday spot discussions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
We all love a holiday, lets use this thread to pass on any good spots we know of, bad ones to avoid etc!

Since COVID we've been travelling within SA a lot more so places we've loved:

Big 4 Renmark Caravan park, stayed in a cabin, was great for a family. Pack your kids bikes/scooters, outdoor movie theatre, food trucks on the weekends. Nice water park and pool area and of course right on the river.

Big 4 Nuriootpa Caravan park, not as much to do as Renmark, but hey you're in the Barossa, nice pool a bit on the small side, nice playground and right next to the local footy and soccer clubs for ball sports.

Moonta Bay, probably my kids favourite, we usually grab an AirBNB or similar. The net area of the jetty is awesome to teach kids to snorkel, always a fun jetty to fish from. If you are there over NYE Wallaroo have two firework shows, one early for those with young kids and the midnight one. Also has the miniture train which shows the old copper mines. There's also a mini golf course and miniture trains at Kadina as well.

We all love a holiday, lets use this thread to pass on any good spots we know of, bad ones to avoid etc!

Since COVID we've been travelling within SA a lot more so places we've loved:

Big 4 Renmark Caravan park, stayed in a cabin, was great for a family. Pack your kids bikes/scooters, outdoor movie theatre, food trucks on the weekends. Nice water park and pool area and of course right on the river.

Big 4 Nuriootpa Caravan park, not as much to do as Renmark, but hey you're in the Barossa, nice pool a bit on the small side, nice playground and right next to the local footy and soccer clubs for ball sports.

Moonta Bay, probably my kids favourite, we usually grab an AirBNB or similar. The net area of the jetty is awesome to teach kids to snorkel, always a fun jetty to fish from. If you are there over NYE Wallaroo have two firework shows, one early for those with young kids and the midnight one. Also has the miniture train which shows the old copper mines. There's also a mini golf course and miniture trains at Kadina as well.

My parents friends had a shack (transportable) back in the late 70s of Moonta. Brother and I used to cash in on the garfish run with the old man coming down to the jetty around 6.30-7 to take us back home. We went 10 days just eating Garfish before my brother and I put our foot down and demanded that we go to the pub for dinner.

My last holiday in the state was a couple of years back on Kangaroo Island. We rented a house in Brownlow Beach which is walking distance into Kingscote (25 mins). Depending on your budget, you could easily spend 10 days there if you wanted to do boat fishing, diving etc but plenty to do on the island and you can explore the whole island on different days. Plenty of wild life to see where you spend a lot more time than you thought watching seals etc which are within touching distance. Brother stays the other side where the fishing is better (American River) but the island suits all budgets. Will say petrol is muther *ingg expensive though, make sure youi fill your tank before you drive onto the ferry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back