Multiplat Hollow Knight

Remove this Banner Ad

bixente

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thought this masterpiece deserves It's own thread.

So who else is playing it? I've sunk over 50 hours into it, pretty rubbish at it but so in love with it, got stuck with a few bosses like the Soul Master but I persevered and figured out their patterns and got it done eventually...

The sense of discovery in this game is incredible. Coming across a new area, or a new person/bug/whatever is so thrilling.

For this reason It's a good idea not to look up too much online and keep the experience as spoiler free as possible.

Best game I've played on the Switch, ridiculous value, feel like I've robbed the devs.

I keep hearing really good things about this and I’m seriously tempted. Plus, it’s by Aussie developers. But, I can’t shake the feeling that I won’t enjoy the art style. For some reason I don’t really enjoy the aesthetic of a lot of indie platformers that have too much going on on screen and try really hard to look like a cartoon. I find it distracting and much prefer the 8/16bit look. That’s probably because of my age.

Mind you, that’s just from watching videos. I’m yet to actually play one. Maybe the gameplay would change my opinion.

It's a gorgeous game, and I'm a sucker for Dark Souls storytelling.

Only issue I've had is the sheer amount of backtracking and rekilling enemies I've already beaten. Sure, once you've gotten an area down, you can fly through it like a nail-wielding demon nearly completely invulnerable, but even that feeling of being overpowered - which feels like late game Morrowind, after you've customised everything and you're actually good at the game now, which is a little at odds with the actual game which is hard - gets a little old after a bit.

That, and I've felt directionless at times, and I've had to run back to a bench to repin the badge which shows where you are on the map.

Still, cannot complain about so much single player content for the price I paid. Worth its weight in gold in this era of multiplayer titles.

It starts off slow but once you persevere it gets so much better.

Love the world and music but the gameplay is a bit to frustrating for me, an auto save feature would have been great.
On switch it sort of autosaves anyway since you can put it in standby and as long as you don’t play another game it comes straight back to the screen.

I've heard very good things about this. One friend even said it had GOAT claims. Will grab it when on sale.
Only $15 on switch, massive bargin for what it gives you.

The guys on the Kotaku Split screen podcast raved about this game so thought id give it a go, man is it good!

i love platformers and this one is pretty challenging,but easy enough to keep you hooked. plenty to explore and a good range of enemies

if you haven't played it id highly recommend giving it a go, i got it through the game pass which is great value

The guys on the Kotaku Split screen podcast raved about this game so thought id give it a go, man is it good!

i love platformers and this one is pretty challenging,but easy enough to keep you hooked. plenty to explore and a good range of enemies

if you haven't played it id highly recommend giving it a go, i got it through the game pass which is great value

I have to admit I haven't finished this yet (always say I will!) but agree that it's awesome. It's a nice reminder of the old days of platformers and the difficulty is nuts at times too. Ori and the Blind Forest is another if you haven't played that already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just beat the boss in the main city (I think). As much as I'm loving this so far they don't explain things very well.

I just lost $2000 geos trekking back to get my shadow where I died, and of course I died doing so. Turns out there is a guy in the main town who will collect your shadow for you, I'm.sure they never mentioned that!

Anyway, great game

Got up to the watcher knights last night but had to stop otherwise my expensive new computer may have gone through the window!

Ill be able to beat them, just a matter of staying patient.

Did anybody else use a walk through for where to go next? i keep beating bosses or clearing areas then thinking where am I meant to go haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back