Holly Hughes, who and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hollie must be friends with Kristy McSweeney, former Liberal PR hack and candidate for the seat of Swan in WA at the election. Hollie was in Channel 10’s panel on election night, and when the results came in from Swan that McSweeney had just had her ass handed to her Hollie went on a massive sook, saying the people of that electorate hadn’t realised how much of a mistake they had made not putting her friend into Parliament.

What a self entitled worm

6l445z.jpg

Lifelong party hack that knows she is so unlikeable the only way into the big house on the hill was via the Senate. Even then she failed multiple times until as a "power broker" of sorts she wheeled a deal with Hawke to garner support for Scomo in return for top spot on the 2019 Senate ticket.

Absolute campaignerasaurus that will probably be knocked down to 3rd/4th spot at the next election and then its curtains for her career.

Lifelong party hack that knows she is so unlikeable the only way into the big house on the hill was via the Senate. Even then she failed multiple times until as a "power broker" of sorts she wheeled a deal with Hawke to garner support for Scomo in return for top spot on the 2019 Senate ticket.

Absolute campaignerasaurus that will probably be knocked down to 3rd/4th spot at the next election and then its curtains for her career.

That's a lot of words to say "arseclown" but yes. Yes indeed.

The telling thing about Hughes is the way she thinks only certain things should be taught at school. Rather than teaching a variety of philosophies and letting the kids make their own minds up she's seems to favour indoctrination over education.
Is that called "Cancel Culture"?

I thought RWNJ were opposed to that

The telling thing about Hughes is the way she thinks only certain things should be taught at school. Rather than teaching a variety of philosophies and letting the kids make their own minds up she's seems to favour indoctrination over education.

Problem is these wingnuts don’t have a clue about what “Marxism” is, they just throw out the term whenever something comes along they disagree with.

Kids in science class being taught climate change exists - Marxism!

Kids in health class being taught gay and transgender people exist - Marxism!

Kids in history class being taught Australian government past (and present) racist policies existed/still exist - Marxism!

In fact now I think about I only saw two types of indoctrination in my schooling. 1 promotion of Christianity through school chaplains plus Bible groups being allowed to preach during class times. 2, promotion of the military through ANZAC day worship, influence of military style cadet units and Defence Force Recurring allowed at school. In fact now I think about it DFR we’re the only employee group allowed to come and try to recruit kids at school, no equivalent civilian employers had a chance.

Of course you won’t hear about this Indoctrination from Hughes and her wingnut mates as they 100% support it. All the boys can enlist and go and fight in their wars and all the women stay at home and punch out dozens of babies whilst studying the Bible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is these wingnuts don’t have a clue about what “Marxism” is, they just throw out the term whenever somehh the ing comes along they disagree with.

Kids in science class being taught climate change exists - Marxism!

Kids in health class being taught gay and transgender people exist - Marxism!

Kids in history class being taught Australian government past (and present) racist policies - Marxism!

In fact now I think about I only saw two types of indoctrination in my schooling. 1 promotion of Christianity through school chaplains plus Bible groups being allowed to preach during class times. 2, promotion of the military through ANZAC day worship, influence of military style cadet units and Defence Force Recurring allowed at school. In fact now I think about it DFR we’re the only employee group allowed to come and try to recruit kids at school, no equivalent civilian employers had a chance.

Of course you won’t hear about this Indoctrination from Hughes and her wing it mates as they 100% support it
I was subjected to the worst sort of breeder indoctrination at school, I had to wear badly fitted ugly clothes and play football.

Notice how conservatives always attack the teaching profession, schools and universities?

Seems to me that it is education itself is their bug bear.

And of the process of encouraging critical thinking, in particular.

In fact anything that challenges ignorance and prejudice.

Last edited:
Notice how conservatives always attack the teaching profession, schools and universities?

Yep.

Dumb people don't ask questions and are easier to control

Its the Dark Ages religious play book

And gradually de-fund them all. The stupider people are, the more likely they'll vote conservative.

They used to be embarrassed about it. Now they wear their stupidity like a badge of honour as if being smarter would make them more stupid. They've achieved a virtuous cycle of stupidity and Hollie Hughes is the physical embodiment of it.

Every criticism she spews up is basically her accusing the other side of doing what she would do if she had the power.

Every criticism she spews up is basically her accusing the other side of doing what she would do if she had the power.
It's problematic for people like her that even in it's most simplified form an honest and accurate retelling of Australian history is at odds with the sort of narrative they try to push.

FIFY for accuracy

Tactical voting brother.

ALp voters in traditionally safe Liberal seats like Kooyong went for the Teal Independents because they know the Labor candidate didn’t have a chance of winning.

We also have this system called “preferential voting”, so you really don’t abandon a party you just decide who you hate the least. And Australians decided they hate Labor the least out of the two majors.

Plus if voters abandoned the majors it wasn’t to go to the right, it was firmly a shift for to the left. If anything the results say the ALP has drifted too far right and needs to step back a bit.

And gradually de-fund them all. The stupider people are, the more likely they'll vote conservative.

They used to be embarrassed about it. Now they wear their stupidity like a badge of honour as if being smarter would make them more stupid. They've achieved a virtuous cycle of stupidity and Hollie Hughes is the physical embodiment of it.

How they’re going to get back the inner urban teal seats where everyone is a doctor or lawyer and send their kids to private schools is a bit beyond me?

How they’re going to get back the inner urban teal seats where everyone is a doctor or lawyer and send their kids to private schools is a bit beyond me?
Broaden the coalition to bring the teals in. Once climate change and ICAC are implemented in this term, what difference do the teals have from the LNP? I'm sure they're still trickle-down well-to-do people.

How will the teals differentiate after that's happened (big assumption that the local Liberals branch doesn't put up some religious nutter)?

Hollie Hughes isn't too different to a lot of people you meet in Briiiighton or Kew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back