Holly Hughes, who and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the game the conservatives are trying to play.

Have a read up on what the “anti CRT” movement is doing in the USA, it’s pretty frightening. Education basically being taken over by Republicans at the local level and anything they dislike being banned from schools. Angry at times violent groups harassing teachers and threats at school board meetings.

No doubt Australian conservatives want the same stuff here, hence Hughes’ “Marxist are coming” nonsense

Have a read up on what the “anti CRT” movement is doing in the USA, it’s pretty frightening. Education basically being taken over by Republicans at the local level and anything they dislike being banned from schools. Angry at times violent groups harassing teachers and threats at school board meetings.

No doubt Australian conservatives want the same stuff here, hence Hughes’ “Marxist are coming” nonsense

I wouldn’t be too concerned. We aren’t the US as much as some people here think we are. There’s a small appetite for that here in Australia but only enough for it to be a bit of background noise.

This is Steve Bannon.

He is open about what he's been developing for years.
It's why I've got no chill for people who repeat their talking points.

Watching her getting pressed about the huge tobacco/vape company donations to the LNP on 4 corners, and getting super defensive about it was interesting.

Notice how conservatives always attack the teaching profession, schools and universities?

Seems to me that it is education itself is their bug bear.

And of the process of encouraging critical thinking, in particular.

In fact anything that challenges ignorance and prejudice.
Very Taliban.

Notice how conservatives always attack the teaching profession, schools and universities?

Seems to me that it is education itself is their bug bear.

And of the process of encouraging critical thinking, in particular.

In fact anything that challenges ignorance and prejudice.
Religion relies on ignorance.

I wouldn’t be too concerned. We aren’t the US as much as some people here think we are. There’s a small appetite for that here in Australia but only enough for it to be a bit of background noise.
I really hope you’re right but I don’t think it hurts to strengthen our democratic institutions anyway.

Once upon a time the US Republican Party was fairly secular and liberal, the party of wealthy Northern types. Then the evangelical religious right began a multi decade project to takeover the party and dominate though, which is now complete.

The religious right in Australia is newer and starting from a lower base but are in the process of doing the same with the Liberals/Nationals. They’ve already put many born agains into senior leadership positions, and it’s no secret some of them were happy the moderates were expunged from parliament at the last election, allowing them more power to dominate the party room. At the state level it’s worse, whatever remains of the Liberals in WA is dominated by evangelicals, I hear the new SA leader is a strong religious right winger too.

Here’s him railing AGAINST the “separation of church and state”:

So my point being there is clear evidence of a religious right takeover, and it could reach a point in the future where their beliefs are imposed on the rest of society.

If any of you want to torture anybody feel free to show them Hughes’ performance on election night on Channel 10:

If you can take the harping, the trolling, the nastiness, the utter lack of anything decent exiting her mouth. Worst part is 3:52:25, when discussing her friend (Kirsty McSweeney) losing in Swan she says the people of the electorate basically don’t realise what a mistake they’ve made having by not electing the Liberal candidate, because she’s full of “spunk” and the electorate has “lost” by not having Abbott and Michaelia Cash’s ex PR hack and ex Sky commentator as their representative. What a loss…..

Instead the people of Swan “lose” by gaining Zaneta Mascarenhas, grew up in Goldfields, daughter of a migrant fitter and a cleaner, worked as a civil engineer, did FIFO, strong presence within the local Indian community…..

Nah I’m sure they’d rather have the PR hack who’d spend most of her time in Canberra playing party politics. Yep, they didn’t know what they missed out on…….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Climate change is not Australia's problem, it is not a regional problem. Our emissions are 1.3%."

"We can shut everything down and we will make zero difference but we don't see any moves by this Labor government but to call out China for its omissions that are increasing."

Not a regional problem. Try telling that to a bushfire victim or one of our Pacific island neighbours.

How dumb can you get.

"Climate change is not Australia's problem, it is not a regional problem. Our emissions are 1.3%."

"We can shut everything down and we will make zero difference but we don't see any moves by this Labor government but to call out China for its omissions that are increasing."

Not a regional problem. Try telling that to a bushfire victim or one of our Pacific island neighbours.

How dumb can you get.
What moves were her useless government doing to call out China in their 9 years?
Oh that's right, they were too distracted from all the pocket lining they were doing for our country's elite 1%

How dumb can you get.

BUT LAYBUH! BUT CHIYNUH!

Problem is these wingnuts don’t have a clue about what “Marxism” is, they just throw out the term whenever something comes along they disagree with.

Kids in science class being taught climate change exists - Marxism!

Kids in health class being taught gay and transgender people exist - Marxism!

Kids in history class being taught Australian government past (and present) racist policies existed/still exist - Marxism!

In fact now I think about I only saw two types of indoctrination in my schooling. 1 promotion of Christianity through school chaplains plus Bible groups being allowed to preach during class times. 2, promotion of the military through ANZAC day worship, influence of military style cadet units and Defence Force Recurring allowed at school. In fact now I think about it DFR we’re the only employee group allowed to come and try to recruit kids at school, no equivalent civilian employers had a chance.

Of course you won’t hear about this Indoctrination from Hughes and her wingnut mates as they 100% support it. All the boys can enlist and go and fight in their wars and all the women stay at home and punch out dozens of babies whilst studying the Bible.

What gets me it’s not even Marxism. What exactly did the great man say on climate? Transgender?

Concerning herself with the big issues.
Fc-wJ0yagAEJkLO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back