Holocaust denial goes mainstream in Republican Texas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
It's one official's interpretation of a sh*t law. I wonder if it was a troll or just a thoughtless application of the law:

I’ve been trying to imagine what Gina Peddy could have been thinking when, on 8 October, she informed a group of Southlake, Texas, elementary school teachers that, if their classroom libraries included books about the Holocaust, students should also be steered toward books with “opposing views”.

The executive director for curriculum and instruction for the Carroll Independent school district, Peddy later explained that she was simply helping her staff comply with Texas House Bill 3979. Signed into law on 1 September by Governor Greg Abbott, the ruling prohibits educators from discussing controversial historical, social or political issues. If these subjects do arise, HB 3979 mandates that teachers “explore such issues from diverse and contending perspectives without giving deference to any one perspective”.
But... you know... freedom of speech and all that.

Balls In

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Holocaust denial loons come in all shapes and sizes. Hell anti semitism is almost democrat policy under Bidens feckless leadership. Therefore its a bit rich of the Turnbull times and the OP to link to the "republican" Texas seeing its just one loons interpretation. Talk about an over reach.

Elroo

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As someone who recently went to the Holocaust muesem in Jerusalem, i can honestly say anyone who denies the Holocaust occurred is off of their head.

Last edited:

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
What else do you call progressive Democrats blocking funding to resupply the Iron Dome?
I checked this out and the reasoning seems to be they ALREADY gave Israel money for it, and the extra billion dollars is just a slush fund. It's also more than they give for other life saving security measures. Same old "pour money into weapons for Israel".

FurTheWin

Premiership Player
May 25, 2017
Amongst the pigeons
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Banshees

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad