Remove this Banner Ad

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys,

After years and years of not playing the game and then years and years of searching... I finally found a burnt CD with Footy Fanatic AE on there....the OG of sim games.

I never really liked the way that FX played and absolutely loved the simplicity of AE. I spent ages trying to hunt it down online and only ever found the original Footy Fanatic and FX edition....never Atomic Edition.

Well anyway I tried to remember how to follow the install process and low and behold I got it working...Best part is that I haven't owned a Windows computer in a long time and everything worked seamlessly running a copy of Windows XP in Parallels.

I downloaded a version of the 2015 lists which I found in here. However these lists are for FX and aren't compatible with AE as each player is its own file under the team folders unlike in FX.

Would be awesome if someone happened to have a relatively updated roster for AE as I'm finding it pretty funny playing with 2002 lists lol.

Screenshots for people that don't believe me.

*The only thing I couldn't get working was Stat Sniffer. I remember having problems years ago with a similar thing and I think it has to do with not having the complete Microsoft Access suite on the virtual machine. I reckon it might work fine with an older computer, but to see who was leading goal kickers, marks, kicks, etc it just shows up blank boxes.

Are you able to upload this game? I spent a bit of time a few years ago trying to find links for this and looking around on the forum. It would be great if we can get this game around to all the other people who also want to try it.

As for the newer lists, I spent time converting the 2002 lists to work on FFX, however I think the 2002 lists I originally had were suited for an earlier version in between AE and FX. I might be able to convert the 2015 lists if I get an idea of how the lists work on AE.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back