Home games at Arden Street (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not seeing the relevance n_l
The point is that they have moved a scheduled game from Arden St to Princes Park for no apparent reason (under the guise of finals).

I suspect it has more to do with Collingwood being our opponents, and Gilligan taking making it neutral for them.

Although it hasn’t been stated I believe the AFL would say it is to keep crowds away. I was intending to go and watch at Arden St this weekend even if there was a fence up. I suspect many more would.

It is a personal choice and I don’t think it should come into their reasoning but I think it will be used as an excuse.

Not sure I agree. What home ground advantage do we have at Arden Street? How many AFL games have we won there?

Whereas in Hobart, no one has figured out how to win there more than we have.

I don't think you read my post. I'm saying if games do not go ahead in Tasmania, then we should get some home advantage by playing at Arden Street. After all we do train there, whereas no one else does and that should count for something.

There is no point playing games in Tasmania, because no one can get in to see them anyway, so why fly players unnecessarily to Hobart?

And of course there is the small matter of Tasmania having closed its borders to non-essential travel. Playing a game of football surely does not qualify as essential travel.

Can someone give me one good reason to play AFL games at Arden St if fans can’t be there?

Pretty obvious I would have thought. Our boys and girls know it well. Other clubs players don't. That's the definition of home ground advantage.

And just by the way, it is a first class surface, so no issues from that point of view.

The definition of home ground advantage is being able to pack your stands/ground with your supporters and making it a s**t place to play in, an example would be Vic Park.

There is no point in playing at Arden St if the members can’t be there.

Playing a game at Arden St with no supporters would be like having a willing Elle McPherson in the room next door but only being able to have a pull.

The definition of home ground advantage is being able to pack your stands/ground with your supporters and making it a s**t place to play in, an example would be Vic Park.

Playing a game at Arden St with no supporters would be like having a willing Elle McPherson in the room next door but only being able to have a pull.

Please then explain why commentators regularly state that GMHBA Stadium provides Geelong with the best home ground advantage of any club, because of its narrow wings. Please explain why so many opposition teams put the ball out on the full when they are playing at GMHBA, yet Geelong's players do not.

Not true if she set up a webcam and put on a show just for you.
Sure, not as good as the real thing but better than nothing

Except Geelong supporters in the past have been allowed to go to games. They aren’t asking to play games there with no crowd support.

You want to have games at Arden St with no supporters then you can petition the AFL to do it next year.

Not true if she set up a webcam and put on a show just for you.
Sure, not as good as the real thing but better than nothing

You are still having a wank by yourself instead of being in the same room and having consensual intercourse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that's right, Gillon, DuckYeah on Big Footy said he'd build the scaffolds for free.

Yeah, for free.

I know it's great. So it's a go?
Not only that, I will happily put up scaffold towers for AFLW, VFL.. I will want something in return and it will be to hang the company logo

It's not 1985 anymore. I dunno (or care) what Elle looks like these days but she'd be what ... 55? 60?

You're showing your age. There'd be a fair few posters here with mums younger than her.

What a shame Arden Street was never given the Kardinia Park treatment. If only there were a few Victorian Premiers that barracked for us lol. How amazing would it be if we played all our home games here, with grandstands and terraces for the supporters. We could have had a terrace named Pagans Paddock, maybe even some local business could have served food and drinks on a match day. Just a thought, worthy of a thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back