Homebrew

Will there be topless barmaids? and free beer? and a pool table with topless women racking the balls up for you? and a chip machine? and a sign stipulating you must be able to change a tyre to get in?
wait..... do you have to win Powerball to make this happen?
No. Yes (just 1). No. Yes. Yes. Yes, that would help.

Okay, disappointing on the topless bar maids, but will there be pokies?
google image before you answer.
ahh I see. ok if the barmaids are standing near the fridge theres a potential for pokies.

the avoca drover

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2007
The house of Jim Jess
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon UTT
This is my single vessel system l built 3 years ago.

Attachments

• 28E3DAB6-3043-4EAA-892F-98D0A24CC73D.jpeg
    28E3DAB6-3043-4EAA-892F-98D0A24CC73D.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 49DD663E-032E-4CEA-830B-150E6073A55C.jpeg
    49DD663E-032E-4CEA-830B-150E6073A55C.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
The way I do it is drop the panadeine forte into a glass of water (crushed up). Then I use a coffee filter to catch the paracetemol and then I drink the water

Not myself but I have a mate who got into it years ago. After a shaky start he got quite good at it. Used to bottle it up in King Brown bottles. His shed consisted of rows and rows of beer bottles, all dated, on the go.

Parties at his house were always a big event. We'd all rock up in anticipation of his latest creation.

Anyhoo, one night we're all sitting around the bonfire sucking home brew when we hear what sounds like a shotgun go off. Quizzical looks go from side to side then the conversations start up again. Few minutes later a couple of blasts in quick succession. That sounded real close. Next blast all eyes turn to his shed.

We follow him to his shed and walk in to the sight of broken glass and beer all over the place.

Watching a mate cry is an uncomfortable feeling.

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I need to get back into all grain brewing again it's a great hobby. I hit the point where I needed to upgrade all my gear but then had kids and all my spare time disappeared. I even grew a hop vine in my back yard for a few years.
Those grain fathers look the go.. 👍👌

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
My old neighbor had a crack at it for a while. He shows me his fermenter in his garden shed in the middle of summer with the old heat belt wrapped around it too😬🤣. Must've been 50 degrees in there.

My old neighbor had a crack at it for a while. He shows me his fermenter in his garden shed in the middle of summer with the old heat belt wrapped around it too😬🤣. Must've been 50 degrees in there.

Mmmm stanky

Some pics from my most recent brew day, a Belgian Witbier:

The sparge:

_20191123_072404.JPG

Boil:

_20191123_081124.JPG

Some fresh orange peel and ground coriander:

_20191123_081152.JPG

And in the ferm fridge:

_20191123_101636.JPG

Should be bottled and ready to drink by Christmas - nothing like a cold Hoegaarden on a hot summer day - hopefully this turns out not too far off. Since last posting I've done a NEIPA and a pale. NEIPA turned out great, was very happy with it. The pale ale is decent but slightly under-carbed and a bit too boozy - was supposed to come out about 5% but ended up at 6.5%.

Anyway kinda bored so thought I'd share.

Last edited:
thanks for the pix!
I just kegged a dark Belgian last night.

grains:
4.kg Pilsen
.6kg dark crystal
1.4kg Vienna
1.4kg of home made Belgian Candi Sugar :)

yeast wlp-570

I think its come out at about 8.2% so one glass then fall asleep :)

thanks for the pix!
I just kegged a dark Belgian last night.

grains:
4.kg Pilsen
.6kg dark crystal
1.4kg Vienna
1.4kg of home made Belgian Candi Sugar :)

yeast wlp-570

I think its come out at about 8.2% so one glass then fall asleep :)

Making me want a glass and a nap right now!

So how did the sales of this keg go?

I just caught up on this thread, sorry for not answering before, the saels of my Irish Red went well, 20L gone in very short time. mate sold it for $13 a pint so a good little earner for him, always happy to help small business.!

High temps may not be so bad as it sounds, given the right yeast. I just got my hands on some Sigmund Kveik from this mob https://cheapyeast.com.au/

its a blend of 3 Norweigen farmhouse yeasts that like high temps - 39deg and will ferment out in 3-4days, with no nasty flavours!

High temps may not be so bad as it sounds, given the right yeast. I just got my hands on some Sigmund Kveik from this mob https://cheapyeast.com.au/

its a blend of 3 Norweigen farmhouse yeasts that like high temps - 39deg and will ferment out in 3-4days, with no nasty flavours!

Read an article about Kviek yeasts a while back; you'll have to let us know how it goes.

Read an article about Kviek yeasts a while back; you'll have to let us know how it goes.
Brewed on Saturday, its bubbling away at 36deg. Although this yeast can also tolerate high ABV, it should come out at about 5.1% as I ran out of grain :( will be good as an xmas quaffing ale.

Back