Rumour Homesick 2018 Top draftee rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

davywap

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
on a chair
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just read this on a not always reliable social media page.

SO IT BEGINS

A first year draftee has reportedly told club officials he is already homesick and wants to return to his home state

This player was reportedly a top 15 draft pick

Due to his struggle to cope with this ordeal; we will not be naming the player, in a bid to protect his privacy and any backlash he may encounter on social media.

Should there be a system put in place to stop the wave of players leaving their clubs to return home due to “homesickness?”

So the OP posts a rumour then claims the moral high ground in providing absolutely no detail. Almost as if we're expected to beleve it isn't just nonsense.
Not sure he took the moral high ground, he just stated that he read it on a not so reliable social media page. Whoever posted what they did on said social media page most certainly did though.

Most likely Ben king. Don’t the rents 5 mins from Moorabbin? And he said he’d never been been away from his brother before and wouldn’t know how to handle it. He’ll be at the Saints within a couple years I’d say

Mental health is no joke mate, This guy may be really really depressed.
He might. But until there is some evidence of that youre just muddying the waters.

Homesickness is common amongst young people who have left home for the first time. One would think the lure of professional AFL was a good counter. If its not, he should quit and go home. I for one wont give him any grief for deciding its not for him.

But the pure arrogance and entitlement to think you get that opportunity as well as your pick of where you play, after signing the contract to enter the draft on those terms.... it astounds me.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might. But until there is some evidence of that youre just muddying the waters.

Homesickness is common amongst young people who have left home for the first time. One would think the lure of professional AFL was a good counter. If its not, he should quit and go home. I for one wont give him any grief for deciding its not for him.

But the pure arrogance and entitlement to think you get that opportunity as well as your pick of where you play, after signing the contract to enter the draft on those terms.... it astounds me.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's sad but he still wants money so he can't just quit, He will use the system until he gets what he wants.

No wonder idiots keep writing this stuff when the public lap it up.

Out of respect for this player whom I'm spreading a (probably unsubstantiated) rumour about I wont name names. What I will do though is narrow it down to 15 people whom you can cull it down ever furhter after a bit of detective work and you can spread rumours about those remaining players.

What a man of high moral character.

Mental health is no joke mate, This guy may be really really depressed.
Hundreds of millions of people across the globe have to travel for work. The vast majority of those work in menial roles, including construction, domestic service, agriculture, and other unskilled labour roles. Many of these people have taken on debt to get to where they are as it offers them an opportunity to save a small amount of money.

What relevance has this you may ask? All players who nominate for the draft know they risk being picked up by an interstate club. It’s a small price to pay for the opportunity to play at the pinnacle of their sport, where a lucrative career awaits them.

Hundreds of millions of people across the globe have to travel for work. The vast majority of those work in menial roles, including construction, domestic service, agriculture, and other unskilled labour roles. Many of these people have taken on debt to get to where they are as it offers them an opportunity to save a small amount of money.

What relevance has this you may ask? All players who nominate for the draft know they risk being picked up by an interstate club. It’s a small price to pay for the opportunity to play at the pinnacle of their sport, where a lucrative career awaits them.

But what if there was a real easy way to get back to where you wanted to live? The people you described probably needed to travel for work, These kids don't. If they have talent they can pick whatever club they want to play for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back