homesick players

Remove this Banner Ad

captain ebert

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2003
Sydney - Northern Beaches
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i think its about time a change to the draft was brought in to stop this shiat in the future - im sick of rumours etc & seeing players wanting to "go home".

simply, its like this:

vics team get first pick at young victorian talent, port & crows get frist nibble at sa talent pool etc etc etc.

this would give local talent a chance to play at the highest level, with their local clubs, without having to leave home & get homesick & all that shiat.

should stop the homesickness thing in the future, & surely there enough talent in local talent pools to appease every club in each state.

thoughts?

So essentially u want just state of origin all the time......Vic player v SA players......Queensland Players v NSW players....or WA players v VIc players.....I have never heard such crap in my life, so my thoughts r this is sh1t

well it seems better than seeing clubs line up guys like stevens etc who at the end of their tenure want to up & leave....

theres something strange seeing a club like port full of vics (and guys from w.a. & elsewhere etc for that matter...)

so whats wrong with a bit of state of origin, jerkoff?

Ebert u pooh slammer.......i don't care about state of origin every now and then but as stevo has stated its a national comp....u pooh slammer....now please retract this bullsh1t thread

with a name like bens_jammin, i think i know who the poo slammer is ;)

ok, let the dogs take cooney, & watch him come home 2 years later.

this is all im trying to point out....it would help create stability in team lists.

sorry i offended you - you guys must barrack for carlton & the builldogs.....:rolleyes:

I agree. All Geelong falcons players should be immediately returned home to avoid home sickness. We will start with Jonathon Brown and just to make him feel extra special we will make him captain :p ;)

That is complete and utter **** ebert if u do that there wont even be a trading period coz every1 will be playing with there home state and there will be no draft coz the draftees would neva want to go anywhere else apart from where they live are u completly stupid **** man have a really good think about ur suggestion and u will see its a ****en **** 1

Originally posted by Addam18
That is complete and utter **** ebert if u do that there wont even be a trading period coz every1 will be playing with there home state and there will be no draft coz the draftees would neva want to go anywhere else apart from where they live are u completly stupid **** man have a really good think about ur suggestion and u will see its a ****en **** 1

im sorry that the draft period is all that you look forward to...another cellar dweller hmmmm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with a name like bens_jammin, i think i know who the poo slammer is

I dont think bens_jammin slams the pooh but i know who does
big captain ebert who takes it up the coight

ok i will go bak to the basketball ring and dunk it....thats wat it means fu<k wit.....now take ur fu<kin sh1t thread off....WORST PROPOSAL EVER.....

So u wanna eliminate the trade week and the drafts just because sum men are having a cry about being homesick. IF there home sick let them leave. Put players in teams according to what state they play for is the stupidist idea i have heard in awhile ****en get a clue ******** if ur scared ur good players are goin to go home just dont draft them in the first place its common sence unlike ur lets get rid of the draft and trade periods and play state of origin all year u idiot

hold on captain ebert i will sum up and ur only get same state players into 2 words.....FU<KIN RIDICULOUS

Originally posted by Addam18
So u wanna eliminate the trade week and the drafts just because sum men are having a cry about being homesick.

i never suggested closing the draft / trade period.

the suggestion was that vic teams draft from the vic talent pool, sa does the same with sa talent etc - still a draft/trade period....and perhaps open slather on a national level after the initial period?

Originally posted by captain ebert
i think its about time a change to the draft was brought in to stop this shiat in the future - im sick of rumours etc & seeing players wanting to "go home".

simply, its like this:

vics team get first pick at young victorian talent, port & crows get frist nibble at sa talent pool etc etc etc.

this would give local talent a chance to play at the highest level, with their local clubs, without having to leave home & get homesick & all that shiat.

should stop the homesickness thing in the future, & surely there enough talent in local talent pools to appease every club in each state.

thoughts?

I'm with you Ebert. Every club should have a zone and should be able to have the first option of a player from their zone in exchange for a 2nd or 3rd (or even a first round pick) the same as Father / son rule.

This would have the benifit of clubs putting more time into junior development in their own zone , players playing for the club they grew up supporting and no homesickness.

This would also benifit QLD & NSW as juniors would be more interested if they thought that there was more chance of staying in their home state.

Won't happen though as the draft is the only thing that props up weak (and some not so weak) Victorian clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back