Games & Recreation Homosexuality

Remove this Banner Ad

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/homophobic-men-aroused-gay-male-pr0n-surprised/

The participants answered a series of questions regarding anxiety and comfort levels when around gay men and then were split into two groups based on their scores. One group was labeled as homophobic and the other was labeled as not homophobic.

Each participant watched three four-minute videos — one of heterosexual sex, one of lesbian sex and one of gay male sex. During the videos, the men had devices attached to their penis's to detect and measure sexual arousal.

The results concluded that both homophobic and non-homophobic men displayed increased penis circumference when watching straight and lesbian pr0n. However, only the homophobic men showed heightened penis arousal during the gay male pr0n; the non-homophobic men remained flaccid.

Not surprisingly though, it was the homophobic men who reported no feeling of sexual arousal by gay male pr0n during the screen. Obviously, their penises reported otherwise.
americanbimages.jpg

Is anyone going to admit theyre homophobic in this thread? I come across tons of men in real life who express homophobic views, but you never see it expressed on forums. Fear of bans or whatever. Yet again the internet a cesspool of insincerity.
Perhaps those guys you meet can't read. Literacy is an unfortunate requirement, loose as it is, for forum engagement.

We could have a much broader array of opinions if that hurdle could be leaped

This makes me so sad. One of my friends is in his 30s and came out to me in the last 6 months (we've been friends for nearly 10 years, and I always knew, but I wanted him to tell me). He's now out to our whole friendship group, but can't tell his parents, who are conservative and religious and wouldn't accept it.

I'm glad he feels comfortable and safe enough to be 100% himself around our friends and I, but so sad that he can't have that same freedom around his family.

So sad, at least he found peace with himself and is living life to the best he can (helps with mates like you too:thumbsu:) - suicide rates among lgbti youth are too high and growing every year. It just isn't worth destroying your child's life over, it's 2016 ffs.

So sad, at least he found peace with himself and is living life to the best he can (helps with mates like you too:thumbsu:) - suicide rates among lgbti youth are too high and growing every year. It just isn't worth destroying your child's life over, it's 2016 ffs.
This is a huge issue. Young gay men and post divorce dads are far too highly represented in suicide statistics.

Perhaps those guys you meet can't read. Literacy is an unfortunate requirement, loose as it is, for forum engagement.

We could have a much broader array of opinions if that hurdle could be leaped
I hope we can have people admit homophobia in here and not have mods infract and ban people. Just so we could possibly have a forthright debate. As long as everyone on both sides didnt resort to abuse and name calling.

One of my cousins is also a homosexual and he told my younger brother. He is also from a very christian family and runs his own charity. His parents don't know and would likely frown on him over it.

I don't really care too much about gay people or their business. It just feels awkward to be hit on by them and be like I like women.

It's terrible. I read a stat a couple of days ago that 21 fathers commit suicide every week in Australia.
This is a huge issue. Young gay men and post divorce dads are far too highly represented in suicide statistics.

The other one is transvestites being a high suicide rate aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone going to admit theyre homophobic in this thread? I come across tons of men in real life who express homophobic views, but you never see it expressed on forums. Fear of bans or whatever. Yet again the internet a cesspool of insincerity.

Part of the problem with homophobes is that they don't think they are homophobes. "I'm only joking" "you can't say anything anymore" "I'm a white straight guy, I'm being discriminated against everyday".

Part of the problem with homophobes is that they don't think they are homophobes. "I'm only joking" "you can't say anything anymore" "I'm a white straight guy, I'm being discriminated against everyday".
Thats true. There are tons like that. But there just as many or more who know it and dont hide it. Usually the ultra religious, muslims, christians. But there are plenty who arent who just hate. Id say a number of them would be the types in the OP study that get aroused by it.

I don't have anything against homophobes btw. Theyre entitled to think that way, even if wrong. Just like racists are entitled to, even if wrong. I aint no thought police. Or judge and jury. I am just an observer of your mortal realm.

My uncle was bashed out the front of a club once for being gay. His mate and an older mate of mine, a straight metalhead married with children, was also bashed out the front of a club at a different time in an unrelated incident, for being different (heavy metal culture) which was "gay" and made him a "******". I was a NTTAWWTter for looking and being different, such as having a mullet and loving 80s stuff (ironically by someone on a national platform that later received attention for having mullet). People are just dicks. Take away minority groups and the violent majority creates a new focus for their aggression.

Yeah I joke a bit with my homosexual mates and family, mostly my uncle that I'm rather close to, was the closest thing to a father figure in my life as my dad worked out of town. Stuff I say to him wouldn't be appropriate elsewhere and I need to realise this. It's probably casual homophobia in the vein of casual racism.

Mind you, he has no issue throwing around the P and F bombs at people he isn't fond of.

Interesting that a "phobia" is supposed to be about a fear of something and we generally are sympathetic towards someone who suffers one, but in the case of homo and Islam it somehow means hate instead and is apparently voluntary and unforgivable.

If only there was some sort of program in schools that might alleviate this. Oh wait...
Most high schools do have a dedicated person that you can talk to about mental issues and hardships. Well, at Willetton they did.

I used to be. As I got older and associated with more and more people those ideas disappeared.

I think a lot of it was growing up in Adelaide and having the Family Murders etc happening , any male who approached you was a concern. Now it doesn't bother me and I support the idea of marriage between men and men and women and women

Interesting that a "phobia" is supposed to be about a fear of something and we generally are sympathetic towards someone who suffers one, but in the case of homo and Islam it somehow means hate instead and is apparently voluntary and unforgivable.
You hate what you fear or do not understand.

I used to be. As I got older and associated with more and more people those ideas disappeared.

I think a lot of it was growing up in Adelaide and having the Family Murders etc happening , any male who approached you was a concern. Now it doesn't bother me and I support the idea of marriage between men and men and women and women
Good on you for being brave enough to admit something (in your youth anyway) that is considered abhorrent to admit these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back