Science/Environment homosexuality

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Homosexuality is wrong period. It’s a mental disease which can be cured; males were created to procreate with a female and shouldn’t find another man attractive. It doesn’t make sense period

I quoted this from another thread on another board. This seems to be a commonly held view by anti-homosexualists. There are a number of points I would like to raise in response to this.

1. If it's a disease why are there such a large number of sufferers? I can agree that a serial killer has a mental disease that led him/her to commit their acts. However, I'm not sure of the exact figure but one in a million would probably be a conservative guess as to how many serial killers there are. Whereas there have been estimates that suggest that up to ten percent of the population may be gay. That's a lot of sufferers.

2. If it can be cured how come there is no evidence of this. I have not heard of one person that has been "cured" of being gay. There may be some people who have repressed their desires but there is not one case of someone who has been proven to have been cured. This is exemplified in the case of the founders of the “ex-gay” organisation, Exodus. The founders were two gay men who claimed to have been cured of homosexuality. They also claimed to have helped cure thousands of gay men before they admitted that they were still homosexual and had merely been repressing their desires.

3. Men were created to procreate with females? Created? Really? By who? This statement implies some belief in a supernatural being. Even such a being exists where does the evidence that he/she created men to have sex with women come from? In my opinion such a belief comes from a much more diseased mind than the supposedly diseased mind of a homosexual.

4. It doesn’t make sense for a male to find another male attractive? Why not? Again this seems to imply a belief in a supernatural being who has somehow designated that it is not proper for a male to find another male attractive. In my opinion it is entirely understandable that a male might find another male attractive. There is a beauty in nature that makes something attractive. It doesn’t mean that everybody will find the same things attractive of beautiful. For example a female friend of mine loves roses. She has them everywhere in her garden. I myself don’t see the appeal about them. Does that make roses unattractive or make me think that my friend must have a disease for being attracted to them?

5. If homosexuality is a disease how come there aren’t other manifestations of this disease. It seems curious that if it is disease, particularly a mental disease, that there would be no there no other symptoms other than being attracted to the same sex. You expect that if it was a mental disease that the level of crime and other misdemeanours in society would be higher in homosexuals. In fact the crime rate is lower amongst homosexuals than heterosexuals.

IYou expect that if it was a mental disease that the level of crime and other misdemeanours in society would be higher in homosexuals. In fact the crime rate is lower amongst homosexuals than heterosexuals.

I don't disagree with your other points, but where does this ostensible fact come from?

Why do you think that is?

no touching touche

like the primary school that prohibits high fiving. Its verbotin.

Verboten* And you should look deeper into that school before using it in a derogatory sense.

As for the homosexual, I still don't understand people that hold a view, that it is a disease and can be cured...

What part of homosexuality is a diesease? Is it bad for your health? Is it contagious? Is it anything that can be listed under "Disease"?

The Earth is flat, the sun rotates about us, and homosexuality is a disease....

5. If homosexuality is a disease how come there aren’t other manifestations of this disease. It seems curious that if it is disease, particularly a mental disease, that there would be no there no other symptoms other than being attracted to the same sex. You expect that if it was a mental disease that the level of crime and other misdemeanours in society would be higher in homosexuals. In fact the crime rate is lower amongst homosexuals than heterosexuals.
Uh, they all do that thing with their hands too.

Verboten* And you should look deeper into that school before using it in a derogatory sense.

As for the homosexual, I still don't understand people that hold a view, that it is a disease and can be cured...

What part of homosexuality is a diesease? Is it bad for your health? Is it contagious? Is it anything that can be listed under "Disease"?

The Earth is flat, the sun rotates about us, and homosexuality is a disease....
sorry, verboten.

I did hear the principal being interviewed and she gave the most awkward newspeak weasel worded reply.

scaled.php

3. Men were created to procreate with females? Created? Really? By who?
Instead of getting precious about the literal meaning of particular word or the statement, why don't you take on board what the statement is actually trying to say? You could swap the word "created" with "evolved" and the statement is undisputable.

4. It doesn’t make sense for a male to find another male attractive? Why not?
Again, getting hung up on the literal meaning. In between "male attractive" you could add the word "sexually" in between and the statement is undisputable. Every guy on BF is attracted to Gary Ablett, but no one is sexually attracted to him. A guy can acknowledge Jimmy Bartel is a good looking guy, but no male is sexually attracted to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Threads like this really upset me because I know instead of a calm discussion it will just end up being trolled by homophobes. I don't think that is an indictment on society just on BF.

In response to the OP:

1. Homosexuality is not a disease, it is not a choice, it is not a lifestyle. It's who you are. Period.

2. I agree psychiatry in the past and Christian programmes currently do not cure homosexuals and it has been proven that many return to their preferences eventually. Don't bother going to that creation bull. Even studies in human DNA have pretty much proven humans evolved. Only a moron would believe a supernatural being has created humans.

3. Don't knock procreation as you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that. Natural selection says this is necessary if you want to propagate the species.

4. Attractiveness is an evolutionary necessity (the procreation thing) but what is attractive can be very cultural too. Think of man you have known who was very charismatic, charming, funny and fun to be around. That is a form of "being attracted" right there. It doesn't have to have a sexual connotation at all and attraction isn't always about physical features. It's just most hetero males are programmed not to express that about other men other than say Best&Fairest night, or best man speech at a wedding, or when they are really drunk "I luv yooo man" etc.

5. It's not a disease period.

Instead of getting precious about the literal meaning of particular word or the statement, why don't you take on board what the statement is actually trying to say? You could swap the word "created" with "evolved" and the statement is undisputable.
yeah, except for the fact that it (teleological notions in evolutionary biology) is a point of disputation among evolutionary biologists.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/teleology-biology/

A guy can acknowledge Jimmy Bartel is a good looking guy, but no male is sexually attracted to him.
2isigdg.jpg

i dunno. a set of bolt-ons and i wouldn't be too far off.

3. Men were created to procreate with females? Created? Really? By who? This statement implies some belief in a supernatural being. Even such a being exists where does the evidence that he/she created men to have sex with women come from? In my opinion such a belief comes from a much more diseased mind than the supposedly diseased mind of a homosexual.

It goes further than that as the implication is for a need to keep the cycle going, by way of producing for productions sake.
Covered it through other threads, but it's funny when you ask others as to why they need to reproduce. Some of the answers beggar belief.

At the end of the day why exactly are we reproducing? For the child's sake? Yeah right. :)

Addendum:
Homosexuality is a disease? Seriously, if that's what you understand, then you best get your good self checked out.

Homosexuality is wrong period. It’s a mental disease which can be cured; males were created to procreate with a female and shouldn’t find another man attractive. It doesn’t make sense period

This poster is probably "out" now and less confused about his yearnings.:thumbsu:

I find it alarming that all these homosexuals seem to be produced by male/female couples. Maybe by banning interaction full stop between men and women on a global scale we can prevent more homosexuals being born.
IT find it alarming that homosexuality would be so prevalent within the Clergy, the Christian Church even performing same sex marriage within it's own ranks as recently as the sixteen hundreds......
Strangely God had nothing to say about this until after several edits of the Old Testament late in the 17th century, Jesus never even mentioning it in the New. Paul had a few things to say but he was just pissed that John had had that thing with Mary Magdalene.....the ****.

Whereas there have been estimates that suggest that up to ten percent of the population may be gay. That's a lot of sufferers.

Had to pull you up here. According to the latest Census in Australia only 0.72759% of the population identified themselves as homosexual

Remove this Banner Ad

Back