Opinion Honest thoughts on the current AFL jumper design?

Remove this Banner Ad

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
We have been wearing the same V design jumper since the 2010 season, and over a decade into utilizing the same design the club seems pretty happy committing to it bar minor colouring changes to the clash strip variant (Since 2019)

I wanted to get your honest thoughts on the current design, and whether we are happy with it, or if we have other potential designs we could use for the AFL team in the near future. Considering how active the discussion is on our heritage jumper, I doubt we will be able to wear it in the AFL every week anytime soon, as it will be a massive long - term investment that still needs more time, but until we get that opportunity I wanted to know what ideas people had in mind.

In summary, what do we think of the current V design?

It’s an aesthetically superior design to most of the guernseys we’ve worn, but personally, it’s synonymous with the derpiest era of the club’s 151 years.

Worn during record defeats, finals defeats, countless upset defeats and a losing record in Showdowns.

If it was replaced by pretty much anything, I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

I like it, but wouldn't say I'm especially attached to it should a change be floated. Didn't originally like the silver one and thought white was much better, but I must admit it's since grown on me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The back is perfect, the front acceptable.

My thoughts exactly re the design itself.

In general though, it's meh. Hard to get attached to such a random design with no history or tradition of success associated with it, especially with the enormous elephant of the PBs sitting in the room. I don't think it will ever truly be embraced. Unfortunately, we have been railroaded into being on par with the soulless franchise teams in this regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back