Honestly is the game worth watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues_Girl

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2001
Gone Shopping!
Other Teams
Sturt, Adelaide Crows
As some of you know (as i've vented my anger out all week) I wasn't able to watch the game tonight due to work commitments. Although I caught the last 45 seconds *joy*

Can someone tell me honestly (no bull**** from other supporters) whether I should bother sitting down tomorrow and watching the game? Or is it that bad, i'm gonna wanna tape Video Hits over it in the morning?

Honestly, unless you like poring over and analysing our poor performances, then I wouldn't watch it. Not many highlights from a Crow's perspective, it was a bit of a grind at times, plenty of ball ups, so all in all, I'd avoid it. :)

Preety scrappy performance.

Second to the ball all night, our disposal was crap, our marking was worst...our forward line was even worster ;)

We were that bad...even Royce Vardy looked a star.

Originally posted by Abel Xavier
Preety scrappy performance.

Second to the ball all night, our disposal was crap, our marking was worst...our forward line was even worster ;)

We were that bad...even Royce Vardy looked a star.

You could tell early on we weren't switched on, Macca ran over that first ball in our forward line, we fumbled a few easy ones and I thought Stinger didn't go hard at one ball. I don't want to single anyone out but it just didn't seem like our night, the Tigers were too good and we seemed uncapable to do anything about it. :)

Not to worry anyway, I reckon things were a bit rosy for 3 weeks there, this will be a good experience and hopefully we can go on from this and perform well in Round 1, when the important stuff starts.

Thought our chaps looked a little flat.....probably as result of only having a five day break.....it must be hard to pick yourself up so quickly......the result is not that important if the players also believe that to be the case......BRING on the REAL stuff:)

As Ant said, you could tell they were "off" as soon as Macca over-ran the ball in the first minutes. He was clear by a couple of metres, and ran straight past it.

Too many fumbles, when a clean pick-up would have had the ball flying down towards the Crows' forward line.

Absolutely no manning up - looked like a Richmond training drill half the time.

Defenders on Richardson and Ottens may have well stayed home.

But...... as someone pointed out on radio last night, the Crows didn't have a five-day break - they had a four day break and played on the fifth. Travelling on the same day as playing would also seem a negative.

Last night's game proved that the team may have fooled us for the last couple of games, but really, has anything changed from last year?

Originally posted by Blues_Girl
As some of you know (as i've vented my anger out all week) I wasn't able to watch the game tonight due to work commitments. Although I caught the last 45 seconds *joy*

Can someone tell me honestly (no bull**** from other supporters) whether I should bother sitting down tomorrow and watching the game? Or is it that bad, i'm gonna wanna tape Video Hits over it in the morning?

From a totally neutral supporter who persevered for nearly 3 quarters before finally caving in the answer is :

If you are a neutral spectator NO.
The game is a bit like a Grid Iron match gone wrong.

If you are a Crow supporter NO.
The game was over not long after it started.
Even Burton couldn't get the ball to stick.

If you are a Richmond supporter on the other hand there were some very useful performances worth watching.

Originally posted by Crow54

Last night's game proved that the team may have fooled us for the last couple of games, but really, has anything changed from last year?

Lets get it straight!
I havent watched the game but Im very optimistic about the games ahead this year.

Whats changed from last year you ask?:confused: :confused:

Weve unearthed new talent in Ruttens as a CHF - possibly

Weve seen youngsters step up in Doughty and Bode - Injury free they can only improve

Weve seen a hunger for gangtackling -Team leading stuff

Weve seen new roles for Biglands and Hart- Improving
versatility

Goalkicking looks to have improved marginally - Fud should be paid on commission :D

Hell so far Im happy. And I havent even mentioned the exploits of Ricciuto,McLeod and Burton

Nor the promise shown to us by Schell Nelson and Bienke

Cheer up Crow54 and get positive:eek:

Crows54 - IMO you are being extremely pesimistic. Let's look at some of the facts.

The Crows midfield was dominant in the 1st 3 games, but struggled against the Tigers. Was it the 5-day break a factor? - I don't really know, but as already mentioned by others, most of the midfielders looked flat, fumbled & just were not switched on. Is this a true reflection of how our midfield will perform this year? - I seriously doubt it. The signs are good - Roo is fit, McLeod looks like he is going to continue his MVP form, Goody looks great, Johnson & Edwards are playing consistent injury-free footy. Add the bonus of a fit Bode & Doughty who is the find of the season thus far (although he was clearly not 100% last night). Gallagher is still to return & I would also like to see Birdman rotating off a wing/HF flank. Also, in a normal game, I doubt Ayres would let Bowden go unchecked like last night.

Our defence will hold up regardless who is playing back there, although Hewitt should be playing CHB!!

On the forward line, a major reason they struggled was the lack of midfield dominance. There were more good signs from Schell & Welsh (who should start games). Remember we lost Beinke early. Also, the structure will look even better with Stevens & Fitzy (who will hopefully fire up for South this WE) in the mix.

All in all, nothing to be to concerned about after 1 poor game. Given a reasonable run with injuries the Crows will make the finals, possibly even the top-6 IMO.

Topjars, obviously you didn't watch the game!

Kane, I wasn't alone in my disappointment, did you see the Coach after the game???

And I'm always pessimistic about the Crows. Except after a game like that against Melbourne! :)

Why all the doom and gloom. Hell, we made the semi's, found a couple of possible forward options without having Stevo and Fitzy in the mix, our midfeild have been firing (apart from Friday) and a best of all, a couple of youngsters namely Ratten and Bock have shown something.

We were always on the back foot for this game and the second half suggests that were weren't quite over last weeks game. We're a lot better than that and we only lost by five or six goals to a side that had two and half days more to recover.

Add that to the form of Beinke, Bode, Clarke, Burton and co., we may not be looking like premiers but there is a bit to look forward to.

Crows54 - Don't get me wrong, I was also disappointed about Friday night's performance. However, given our pre-season form over all 4 games (not just against the Tigers) there have been some real positive signs & I believe we will make the finals this year & improve on last year's effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back