Hopman Cup 2017 - Jan 1 to Jan 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a disappointing turnout (attendance) for the home team.

Anyone watching this interview with Basil and Kyrgios courtside during the Dasha match?
Who was Nick referring to when he said it was a shame some people couldn't attend the players party last night?

That dream date final Australia v Switzerland looks unlikely now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was your embarrassing crush Bumpswithagrin ?

Well since you are so persistent...

There were several. The ones that I can remember; Roscoe Tanner, John McEnroe, John Alexander, Mats Wilander.

Roscoe Tanner was from Lookout Mountain Tennessee, and I remember looking that up in our giant family atlas (only thing I ever looked up in it I think, lol). This was in the days before you could stalk someone on the internet :pTanner has since been in all sorts of trouble with the law and spent time in jail :eek:

I remember staying up late watching Wimbledon one year and crying when John McEnroe lost (good grief :rolleyes: ) and what I saw in him I'll never know, I hate those spoiled brat antics now!

John Alexander was quite good looking back in the day and certainly the best looking of the Aussies at the time. I remember buying a copy of Tennis magazine because he was on the cover :$

Hidden in a cupboard somewhere I have several photos of Mats Wilander serving at the Aus Open (I liked to photograph him serving as you got to see a bit of his stomach :oops: ).

Fast 4 is a concept that upsets diehard tennis fans and doesn't do enough to encourage new viewers. It doesn't work.

I actually think it would be a great idea for social tennis. We have a day once in a while where the family gets together for a hit of tennis and next time we play I am going to suggest Fast4 rules. No let calls and only one point on duece would work well for our bunch of very amateurish tennis players, as would the shorter sets. But for professionals, well I can't see the point :huh:

I actually think it would be a great idea for social tennis. We have a day once in a while where the family gets together for a hit of tennis and next time we play I am going to suggest Fast4 rules. No let calls and only one point on duece would work well for our bunch of very amateurish tennis players, as would the shorter sets. But for professionals, well I can't see the point :huh:
Yep, kids tennis and social tennis are the only two settings where it works imo.

Zverev definitely hitting the ball harder than he was 12 mths ago.

Poor form by Basil.
Bencic has a win but all his questions to her in the post match on court interview are based around Federer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back