List Mgmt. Hopper vs Gibbs

Who would you rather the club get?

• Gibbs

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Hopper

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Gibbs would be better than Hopper next year. After that I can't be sure. I think we're more than 1 midfielder away from a flag, so I say Hopper. the other reason I say that is if Gibbs costs 2 first round picks then he wouldn't be worth it. I would imagine Hopper might only cost us 1 first round pick, as unlikely as he is.

I think Gibbs would be better than Hopper next year. After that I can't be sure. I think we're more than 1 midfielder away from a flag, so I say Hopper. the other reason I say that is if Gibbs costs 2 first round picks then he wouldn't be worth it. I would imagine Hopper might only cost us 1 first round pick, as unlikely as he is.
Thats the point. Everyone would be happy to get Gibbs for what he is worth. He isnt worth two firsts.
For those who say we should have paid two, then why not three first rounders if Carlton demanded it?

Hopper...no brainer if he's willing to sign a long term deal and play in Adelaide, same with Matthew Kennedy if he wanted to come to Adelaide though my preference would be Hopper.

Fine with Gibbs but only if we pay true value for a player fast approaching his 30th year.

Thats the point. Everyone would be happy to get Gibbs for what he is worth. He isnt worth two firsts.
For those who say we should have paid two, then why not three first rounders if Carlton demanded it?
Gibbs may have been worth two 1st round picks at age 20 - 23 but not now when he'll be 29 next year, and I'm not buying he's got 5 years of top football still in him as a top line midfielder.

Gibbs may have been worth two 1st round picks at age 20 - 23 but not now when he'll be 29 next year, and I'm not buying he's got 5 years of top football still in him as a top line midfielder.

Dont care that he has 5 years left, we wont need him in five years we needed him this year and next after that like sloane tex jacobs the clocked has just ticked

Hopper will be part of a team rebuilding when he hits his straps

You cant remain at the top teh AFL has created a system to ensure that, but thats fair

I'd take Gibbs now. I'd pay a 1st and a 2nd. He's a big bodied mid who can play inside and out. I think that we are in our window now and he is exactly what we need. Teams won't tag 2, If they play a shutdown role on Sloane Gibbs would have a field day. We also lack senior leadership in the midfield at times, Gibbs will bring that. For me it's a no brainer.
I think Carlton will soften a bit this year if it comes up again. They can reposition that they are good blokes who care about him. It's also in their interest, they are re building now, they hold Gibbs for 2 years and loose him either through retirement or FA for not much or they trade him early and get something.

I'd take Gibbs now. I'd pay a 1st and a 2nd. He's a big bodied mid who can play inside and out. I think that we are in our window now and he is exactly what we need. Teams won't tag 2, If they play a shutdown role on Sloane Gibbs would have a field day. We also lack senior leadership in the midfield at times, Gibbs will bring that. For me it's a no brainer.
I think Carlton will soften a bit this year if it comes up again. They can reposition that they are good blokes who care about him. It's also in their interest, they are re building now, they hold Gibbs for 2 years and loose him either through retirement or FA for not much or they trade him early and get something.
Problem is Gibbs isn't playing like a player that wants out, the exact opposite actually. I like a punt and my money would be on him not seeking a trade to Adelaide come year's end.

Problem is Gibbs isn't playing like a player that wants out, the exact opposite actually. I like a punt and my money would be on him not seeking a trade to Adelaide come year's end.
Danger won our BnF in his last year

That may be true. He's playing like a unchained beast. It could also be him wanting to make sure that Adelaide want him bad and will pay overs to get him.
This time last year I had no inclination that he wanted out either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be one of the delusional ones that thought Dangerfield was ever any chance of staying??
Well, um, no.

Just face it. Gibbs playing well says the squared sum of nothing about his intentions.

Hopper...no brainer if he's willing to sign a long term deal and play in Adelaide, same with Matthew Kennedy if he wanted to come to Adelaide though my preference would be Hopper.

Fine with Gibbs but only if we pay true value for a player fast approaching his 30th year.
Agree bicks

I seem to be agreeing with you more and more Bicks...

From what I heard his partner was suffering from post natal depression, which isnt a rare event, many women do after giving birth, and wanted the family support around her in Adelaide. Now PND does pass as the child gets older and she only has to stick it out for 2 more years and she is home.
It was really poor form from Carlton to pay no care to their issues, especially in this enlightened day of mental health.
Word was that Bryce and his family were pissed big time at Carlton. This coming from Cornsie who is best mates with Bryces dad.
So it will be interesting to see if he asks for a trade again.

From what I heard his partner was suffering from post natal depression, which isnt a rare event, many women do after giving birth, and wanted the family support around her in Adelaide. Now PND does pass as the child gets older and she only has to stick it out for 2 more years and she is home.
It was really poor form from Carlton to pay no care to their issues, especially in this enlightened day of mental health.
Word was that Bryce and his family were pissed big time at Carlton. This coming from Cornsie who is best mates with Bryces dad.
So it will be interesting to see if he asks for a trade again.

Something like that is a huge culture killer. If I were an emerging Carlton star I'd want out ASAP.

Doe that mean we only half a year and half left in Sloane and Tex

Looks like the rebuild is coming sooner than later

How does Tex look at the moment. :thumbsdownemoji:
Sloane more of a form slump I recon.

Back