PS5 Horizon: Forbidden West

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
"Subjectively" isn't a get out of jail free card for a sh*t opinion!
If opinions can be s**t, then the following is a gigantic elephant turd:

Sixpence said:
Zero Dawn was comfortably better than BotW

Also, remarkable that you concede you haven't played ER, than go loco on someone who has played both ER and HFW giving their opinion.

lol

If opinions can be sh*t, then the following is a gigantic elephant turd:

Also, remarkable that you concede you haven't played ER, than go loco on someone who has played both ER and HFW giving their opinion.

lol
What's remarkable is that you think I give a s**t what you think.

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
Stop fighting, you nobs, and answer my question. I can't catch the drones! Is it a simple matter of jumping on at point blank range and I just keep missing, or am I supposed to be doing something else...?

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Stop fighting, you nobs, and answer my question. I can't catch the drones! Is it a simple matter of jumping on at point blank range and I just keep missing, or am I supposed to be doing something else...?
Track its path and find a high point it stops next to, to scan. Then run and jump at it.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Rockbreakers can still go EAD though.
Rockbreakers are still the absolute worst.
Am I supposed to be able to avoid their burrowing attacks lol? Like - with the nerfed dodge roll in this, is there even a way to avoid taking damage when they explode out of the ground?

Or is it just a matter of having healing, potions and skills ready to go and just soak up damage in a war of attrition?

I feel like there's some fundamental strategy I'm missing, didn't find them this much of a chore in the first game but buggered if I can work out what I'm doing different - apart from no long dodge being available in Forbidden West for some inexplicable reason, who the f**k thought it was a good idea to remove that :drunk:

Am I supposed to be able to avoid their burrowing attacks lol? Like - with the nerfed dodge roll in this, is there even a way to avoid taking damage when they explode out of the ground?

Or is it just a matter of having healing, potions and skills ready to go and just soak up damage in a war of attrition?

I feel like there's some fundamental strategy I'm missing, didn't find them this much of a chore in the first game but buggered if I can work out what I'm doing different - apart from no long dodge being available in Forbidden West for some inexplicable reason, who the f**k thought it was a good idea to remove that :drunk:
Not sure, I just try to knock off their claws as quick as possible but I was also getting nailed in the meantime. The long roll would definitely help.

I remember them being a bitch in HZD too, especially the 2 corrupted ones, they were campaigners!

Conversely, I feel like Scorchers and Fire/Frostclaws have been nerfed from Frozen Wilds. They destroyed me with all my OP weapons and armour but in this they've been fairly tame.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Finished the main quest last night. Played through the whole game on 'Hard' mode but * me that final boss was disgustingly hard. Had to lower the difficulty sadly.

Great game. Not sure if I'll go for the Plat or not.

Finished the main quest last night. Played through the whole game on 'Hard' mode but fu** me that final boss was disgustingly hard. Had to lower the difficulty sadly.

If you do, just make sure you've scanned that final boss and one of the Spectres. It's a missable trophy.

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
I'm playing on normal and still die more than enough. Dunno how people play on hard, i think it would kill my enjoyment of it.

Loved the first one, loving this one so fatlr. Only picked it up Thursday last week so slowly making my way through. Just completed the mission that gives you The Base

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia

I've settled on frost ammo+tear arrows to try and get rid of the claws+explosive or drill spikes. Feels like a bit of a cheese but seems to do the job.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Finished the main quest last night. Played through the whole game on 'Hard' mode but fu** me that final boss was disgustingly hard. Had to lower the difficulty sadly.

I turned it down for the boss as well, I was playing on normal at level 40 odd and I was still one shooting me.

The platinum isn’t too bad, doesn’t make you find every collectible etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Finally got around to finishing it. Didnt like it when it first came out but it grew on me.

I can't seem to get the last vista point to appear though. I've scanned up before but couldn't do it because I needed the sunwing now I've got the override it won't appear.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Plat.

A great follow-up to the original, can't wait to see where they take it for the inevitable 3rd game. Flying was epic, woulda been great if that wasn't spoiled for me via a ****ing screenshot on a guide for one of the puzzles 2 days after the game came out. Seriously, how are outlets that oblivious/dumb? :mad:

A few minor quibbles - Sylens is such a great character, but he just disappears for 80% of the game? Such a waste, maybe they couldn't get Lance Reddick for long in production this time round. Overall I think it could have done with a more focused antagonist - you've got Regalla and the Far Zenith crew, but they all felt similarly underutilised throughout most of the main part of the game.

Also - combat was awesome as usual, but man did I miss the longer dodge roll skill that was in the first game, absolutely bizarre decision to remove that. There were a few fights where it seemed like there wasn't much option other than to have potions ready to go and just soak up hit points, felt like you didn't really have any tools available that would allow you to avoid damage. This was pretty much exclusively the set piece fights where you come out of a cutscene and you're already in the fight, much less of an issue with exploration/ad-hoc fights where you have time to scout, plan and setup - still, annoyed me a bit.

Finally got around to finishing it. Didnt like it when it first came out but it grew on me.

I can't seem to get the last vista point to appear though. I've scanned up before but couldn't do it because I needed the sunwing now I've got the override it won't appear.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The new latest patch has fixed that issue regarding the vista point that was always missing on the map.

New Game+ is here. Available on the PS4/PS5.

WHATS NEW

• Improved visual fidelity in Performance Mode
• New Game+
• Ultra Hard difficulty mode when selecting the difficulty for New Game or New Game Plus
• Reset Skills functionality within the menu
• New functionality to apply a different look to Aloy’s armor
• New Rewards available in New Game+ (Weapons, Dyes and Face Paints)

• A New Trophy Set
• Complete a New Game+ on any difficulty
• Complete a New Game+ on Ultra Hard difficulty
• Obtained All New Game+ Rewards; weapons, dyes, and facepaints

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Picked this up a week ago on sale.
Good game, memory is stretched remembering all the little story bits of the original, but the game does a really good job of reminding you or letting you ask questions to remind yourself.

About 16 hours in, compared to the first one, maybe it's because I haven't spent as much time exploring and have been more to the point, but I find the machines stomp me harder than they did, gear is underpowered and I'm often running out of inventory items mid fight. The machines seem a bit more OP than the original.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Picked this up a week ago on sale.
Good game, memory is stretched remembering all the little story bits of the original, but the game does a really good job of reminding you or letting you ask questions to remind yourself.

About 16 hours in, compared to the first one, maybe it's because I haven't spent as much time exploring and have been more to the point, but I find the machines stomp me harder than they did, gear is underpowered and I'm often running out of inventory items mid fight. The machines seem a bit more OP than the original.
You definitely need to do side missions and level up before taking on some machines. I always tried to be 5 levels above minimum

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back