PS5 Horizon: Forbidden West

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate water levels in games, but that was visually stunning! Particularly after Vegas is all lit up, that is such beautiful level design.

63 hours in and only working my way into the low lands now.
Wow, taking your time.

I’ve just rolled credits at 35 hours. Good game but very ubi like with a better story. I do like the way it is easy enough to mainline it rather than 60 hours or no ending for you!

Finished on level 34 so was slightly underpowered for the last mission but managed to get it done with only a few restarts.

Wow, taking your time.

I’ve just rolled credits at 35 hours. Good game but very ubi like with a better story. I do like the way it is easy enough to mainline it rather than 60 hours or no ending for you!

Finished on level 34 so was slightly underpowered for the last mission but managed to get it done with only a few restarts.
I'd argue you powered through! Haha

It's not uncommon for me that the last thing I do in an open world game is the last mission (or at least only have tidy up left). I feel like there's closure that way. It would feel weird, say in Zero Dawn, defeating Hades then going back and doing side missions where he's still "alive". Downside is you do feel pretty OP at the end. At level 40, I'm already feeling a bit like that.

On another note, are Sawtooths (Sawteeth?) in this? I haven't come across a single one. It's the only thing I haven't seen from ZD and there's one undiscovered machine left (well 2 including the very last one).

It's not uncommon for me that the last thing I do in an open world game is the last mission (or at least only have tidy up left). I feel like there's closure that way. It would feel weird, say in Zero Dawn, defeating Hades then going back and doing side missions where he's still "alive". Downside is you do feel pretty OP at the end. At level 40, I'm already feeling a bit like that.

On another note, are Sawtooths (Sawteeth?) in this? I haven't come across a single one. It's the only thing I haven't seen from ZD and there's one undiscovered machine left (well 2 including the very last one).
I missed scanning 2 machines, the first one in the log and another halfway thru.

I don’t think they have sawtooths in this one looking up a list.

Seriously one of the biggest games I've ever played. I play a couple hours every night and I reckon I'm making f**k all progress at times. Absolute huge game.

I missed scanning 2 machines, the first one in the log and another halfway thru.

I don’t think they have sawtooths in this one looking up a list.
the first one is grazer.

Im missing 2, last one and one between clawstrider and bellowback. but havent finished the game yet.

the first one is grazer.

Im missing 2, last one and one between clawstrider and bellowback. but havent finished the game yet.
They're the two I'm missing too.

I really can't believe they omitted Sawtooths. I loved the sound they made walking around.

Ended up doing the Demeter quest because I was getting sick of not being able to do the metal flowers. Man, Alva is annoying. It was probably the least interesting quest so far. In doing two main missions close together, my sidequests/errands log has filled right up.

I really can't believe they omitted Sawtooths. I loved the sound they made walking around.

Ended up doing the Demeter quest because I was getting sick of not being able to do the metal flowers. Man, Alva is annoying. It was probably the least interesting quest so far. In doing two main missions close together, my sidequests/errands log has filled right up.
This is why I cannot progress the main story. Sidequest/Errand OCD.

i got one of them. the one between clawstrider and bellowback. its on the Thebes story mission.

Im guessing the last one will be the end game boss or something.

finished the final cauldron and it was cool. I loved all of them, and they were all different.

Im like 2-3 kills away from L50 and still have a bit of the story to go. Ive prob leveled my gear up enough to spend more time in the arena. I was up to the first boss there, but never took it on because most of my element weapons were still L1.

Do striders make an appearance? I'm through most of the map and can't remember seeing them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, * this s**t. I'm turning the difficulty down for these. I haven't played 70 hours, building up my gear to suit my play style just to be forced to use this crap. There's a difference between challenging and fun and challenging and frustrating. At least remove the time limit if you're going to do that.

Do striders make an appearance? I'm through most of the map and can't remember seeing them
Ahh, yeh, nah, they're not in it either.

Seriously, fu** this sh*t. I'm turning the difficulty down for these. I haven't played 70 hours, building up my gear to suit my play style just to be forced to use this crap. There's a difference between challenging and fun and challenging and frustrating. At least remove the time limit if you're going to do that.

Ahh, yeh, nah, they're not in it either.
took me forever to do the hunting ground you need to kill with override machines on hard. i was tempted to drop it down, a few times i missed by a few seconds. but finally got it.

Decided to jump back into HFW after playing Elden Ring the last week.

Gaia

Just met Gaia that scene was epic loved how you were able to have a converstation with her my mind was blown that the Zenith come from a diffrent galaxy that is light years away from Earth and trying to stop tera morphing Earth to have their own planet

I know Elden Ring has cutscenes and you have to figure out the lore your self but i do miss the story driven narraitive of FW with a talking protagnist.

If Elden Ring had the same level of presentation it would be even more amazing game imo

Last edited:
I don't think they're as bad - almost solely because you can just go absolute ham on the belly tank when they keep rearing up.

Rockbreakers are still the absolute worst.

Traps make everything easier, basically a cheat code. I’ve maxed out the tree I’m using them that much haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On the last arena challenge of the first set. It locks you into a preset loadout. This sucks balls. I have to take on a heavy machine with shitty weapons I've never used.
Gave it a shot lastnight. its BS. weapons ive never used and they put a valor thing on you that i also have never used. If you upgrade the weapons you are forced into do they also upgrade for the arena?

Just put the difficulty down to story mode and breeze thru
Ill give it a few more shots. might just knock it down to normal. But even if i drop it down ill go back later and try and do it on hard.

Traps make everything easier, basically a cheat code. I’ve maxed out the tree I’m using them that much haha.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I got the big turtle with a beer in one hand and casual placement of a fire bomb on every lap, never fired a shot or revealed myself once...took ages and the entire beer, finished it off by shooting the rolling logs...!

absoultely loving it so far.
finally got into my first cauldron. after discovering another one that was 6 or so levels XP above where i was at the time.
just loving exploring. finding random s**t.
making my way through the main quests now though.

p.s this game has been so much fun i didnt even know GT 7 had released! lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back