PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

The wait is over, Horizon: Zero Dawn is out now.

Earth is ours no more

See the world through the eyes of Aloy, a woman shunned by her tribe from birth, as she goes on a quest to discover the deepest secrets of the ancient past. Go up against warring tribes and terrifying mechanized creatures as you enter a lush world facing the near destruction of mankind.

Turn predators to prey, fuse primitive gear with advanced tech and explore sprawling, dangerous terrain as you investigate the world around you.

Can't wait to get home and give this a spin

Mod Edit: view the pre-launch thread at https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/horizon-zero-dawn.1101043/

Last edited by a moderator:
Played about four hours so far. Typical me, not a huge amount of story progression but some side quests and just general fading around.

Combat is very smooth and the beasts can be tough. There seems to be no health regen full stop, unless I am missing something and that is perhaps an upgrade. It isn't too hard to find things around to help your health though.

Of course needless to say the game looks stunning and I am just playing on a regular PS4.

The main girl has a bit of spunk which I like. I like that you can respond to situations with different types of reactions. It isn't as prominent as in say Mass Effect but it's nice that you can build your own personality of a character.

Also that hair.... Just gorgeous, I can almost forgive that she's a ginger.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
So I just put the disc in to install for later.

It said there wasn't enough space. Well, there is, I have 80GB free and it only requires 45GB.

Anyway, I deleted another 20GB, but now the installation is paused and I can't figure out how to unpause it. X tries and fails to open the game. Options only gives me the choice to delete or view information.

Any ideas?

EDIT: got it to work eventually.

Last edited:
Played about four hours so far. Typical me, not a huge amount of story progression but some side quests and just general fading around.

Combat is very smooth and the beasts can be tough. There seems to be no health regen full stop, unless I am missing something and that is perhaps an upgrade. It isn't too hard to find things around to help your health though.

Of course needless to say the game looks stunning and I am just playing on a regular PS4.

The main girl has a bit of spunk which I like. I like that you can respond to situations with different types of reactions. It isn't as prominent as in say Mass Effect but it's nice that you can build your own personality of a character.

Also that hair.... Just gorgeous, I can almost forgive that she's a ginger.

The attention to detail is amazing.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
I disarmed the little bugger. Thought that was more badass than merely doming the kid.
I almost picked that. But didnt want to dissapoint Rost since he always takes the high road, and he is the only one who cares about you

Alright, lets mark spoilers (even minor) in their tags pls guys. :D Preferably label them too (Chaper (if there is chapters?)/quests name/time played etc...) so I know if I can read them

Back