PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

aussiedude Dannnnnnnnnn Did either of you feel Sylens played a role with Aloy getting caught and her first Focus being destroyed? Thus giving him a chance to encode a corruption in the copied code or a back door access to Gaia when he handed over the new focus?

I dont think he would risk that because Aloy is/was his golden ticket and if something happened like Heilis not destroying the focus it wouldnt of mattered. or he didnt get to the sun ring in time he would of lost his only way to get Hades. and with how close he played everything he could of tried to get Aloy put in in herself without knowing. And if there was some corruption i dont think the doors at Mothers Mt would of opened for an altered ALPHA code.

I'm not sure I've ever needed to discuss the storyline of an open-world game this much. Even though Witcher's story was brilliant I didn't find it to be a huge conversation starter. There's so much of Horizon that is worthy of discussion.

yeah I love the story, and the data collectables you find around the world add so much to the story. Love it.

So is this the 'impossible' corruption zone?

2 Behemoths and a bunch of broadheads? It had the highest level but it doesn't seem too crazy. Haven't battled a Behemoth before though so not sure how hard they are to take down.

I'm 30 hours and 50%. I reckon it'll take me a while to get all the random trophies as I haven't looked what they are. And getting all the data collectables will be a pain.

Anyone else find the hunting quests pretty tedious?

So is this the 'impossible' corruption zone?

2 Behemoths and a bunch of broadheads? It had the highest level but it doesn't seem too crazy. Haven't battled a Behemoth before though so not sure how hard they are to take down.
Nah, that's not it. That one's not too bad.

Although I returned to the "impossible" one and did it without taking damage, so... :p

Finished the game late last night.

Very enjoyable second half of the story. Aloy is an engaging character and I look forward to seeing where they go from here.

I'm very impressed with how self contained the plot was. It felt like in other games the mysteries here would have been stretched across a trilogy in other games so we got a lot of closure for the initial mysteries. Whilst also opening the doors for where to go next.

Small trophy clean up then onwards to Zelda.

Finished the game late last night.

Very enjoyable second half of the story. Aloy is an engaging character and I look forward to seeing where they go from here.

I'm very impressed with how self contained the plot was. It felt like in other games the mysteries here would have been stretched across a trilogy in other games so we got a lot of closure for the initial mysteries. Whilst also opening the doors for where to go next.

Small trophy clean up then onwards to Zelda.

It did feel like it was written to be a single game but as the development went on and GG realized they had something special they started planting seeds for future games, like how bit Ted was later in the game and then the post credit scene. Which was great if they didnt tell us some of the things i dont think the game would of been as good.

With how much they used Ted later in the game they have to be planning something involving him or a clone/decendent in future games. Possibly even revealing Sylens is related to him or has some of his memories.

Nah, that's not it. That one's not too bad.

Although I returned to the "impossible" one and did it without taking damage, so... :p
Think I found it now, the 2 Rockbreakers? Just walked past it and got ****ed up!

Just took this guy down, a little miffed with Talanah taking the ******* credit for it. "We" didn't take it down, you got knocked the * out in the first 2 seconds and I took him down! Went in a little under-equipped too so only just survived. Had to V-Bag him too.

This game really has some intense moments!

Only at 74% at 48 hours, was hoping to finish it before the BF1 DLC release but doesn't look I will.

Lance Reddick really does have a great voice for video games. It makes me want to go binge watch Fringe again.

Or the Wire.
The first few seasons of Fringe were good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got the platinum. Loved the ending.

But I think I'm over open world games for a long time...

This is me. Have done the early clean up so only need to get through the final few story missions for plat. Story has picked up significantly which is keeping me going but gameplay is turning into a chore. Not in a knocking way, I can't fault the combat or presentation, I'm just getting really bored with these sorts of action games.

I'm only 17-18 hours in and only just got to the desert part. My god, that stormbird, really struggled killing that thing, must have took me nearly 10 minutes! Even my first Thunderjaw was easier than this. Still taking my time running around like a headless chook, I don't want this game to end lol.

So I finally finished it,

Sylens post credits, wow. Reddick suits the character so well, can't wait to see him back. I wonder if this was the first rebuild or if Hades had been initiated previously? Gaia was pretty adamant on stopping Hades though so I guess it was. I'm hoping there are some remnants of Apollo out there still. Also assuming the next game will be putting Gaia back together, trying to take down the Horus class that it looks like Hades will be in and there will be so much more to learn about the Faro plague, Lis, the rest of Alphas and especially Ted after he killed them.

This game is a great example of why Asimov's laws of robotics are so important in the future development of AI. In fact this would have made a great Asimov book.

Not sure if it was obvious to everyone but I read and watch s**t loads of sci-fi so predicted Aloy being an incubator baby sent on a world saving mission pretty early on. I loved the missions in ruins though, I made sure to read every note and listen to every file to learn about what happened.

Really taking my time, cleaning up side quests and collectables and have hardly ever used fast travel. Only just been to the grave hoard, shaping up to be the best open world story I've ever played. Addicted to the recordings and text logs.
Same here. Grave hoard is my next main story mission. Been mostly doing all the side quests/errands. Got all the collectibles, just need the 2 highest Corruption zones and maybe 3 or 4 side missions left.

This is getting close to one of my favourite games ever.

I must be really slow/even more s**t at this than I thought. I've got at least 18 hours in this so far and have only just made it to Meridian City for the 1st time :D

If you're taking you're time, this is probably about right. I don't think I got to Meridian any earlier than that.

Yeah I would have been about the same. Checked my save last night, I'm 54 hours and only 66% completion lol :D

Great game though super easy platinum, only trophy I had to go back for was the Grazer statues. Minor gripe but think the story would have been more memorable if they had gone darker maybe a similar tone to the Witcher, would have made the world seem in a more dire state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back