PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've had an erection for this game since the concept art leaked 5 years ago.

But it hurts more when you see concept are from games that get canceled like "Darkside"

Santa Monica's sci game? Real shame hopeful something can be used from it. I'm sure the script was golden since it was penned by Micheal Angeli

You had to remind me :'(
Its because more concept art popped up lastweek

F**k Destiny for causing Sony to kill this.

As usual, I'm more of a cynical gamer like the Giantbomb guys and had zero hype for this as I don't think they really did a great job at detailing exactly what the game is, so to see them with glowing praise for the game has piqued my interest. Hopefully it runs OK on a regular PS4.

As usual, I'm more of a cynical gamer like the Giantbomb guys and had zero hype for this as I don't think they really did a great job at detailing exactly what the game is, so to see them with glowing praise for the game has piqued my interest. Hopefully it runs OK on a regular PS4.

It runs fine on base PS4. most of the time at 30fps.

There is a DF video on it on the last page, they will do another in depth one in the next few days.

Pretty much locked 30 fps on a base ps4, lowest the game dips to is 27 fps. Technical marvel.

That's alright then. Game looks great from what I've seen, should look amazing on the Pro at 60 fps.

Wont run at 60 on the pro. Day1 patch will include a "Unlocked" framerate for the pro, but will end up being 40-50 most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But will be 4K yeah?

not quite native but one of the best checkerboards done [at the pro reveal GG had 2 screens side by side, one running native 4K, the other checkerboarding, even DF had issues telling the difference.] . GG are one of the best at checkerboarding. There might also be a option to have even higher quality textures.

Day1 patch is only going to be 255mb.

That boggles the mind. How on earth can it handle 4K and HDR yet not 1080/60 :S

Hope the Scorpio isn't so half assed.

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

I doubt Scorpio will will do 60fps either, since a lot of games target 30 anyway.

Do you know how game development works?

I doubt Scorpio will will do 60fps either, since a lot of games target 30 anyway.

Would be a disaster for Microsoft advertising the power of the machine and then not having a decent framerate...

Not sure what you mean by your last comment... PC games almost universally don't lock frame rate.

He's a PC fanboy, any chance to knock a console he will.

Would be a disaster for Microsoft advertising the power of the machine and then not having a decent framerate...

Not sure what you mean by your last comment... PC games almost universally don't lock frame rate.

And not every PC is equal. and the PS4 pro cant run MP games at a higher framerate [which doesnt matter for this game] but the Pro will run at a higher framerate anyway if the player picks the unlocked framerate option. On console you only get a select amount of CPU/GPU you can use. and You cant sell 60fps in a screenshot which is why devs are picking graphics over framerates.

MS are going after the 4K market not 1080/60. Hell till Halo 5 all the other Halo games were 30fps games.

And not every PC is equal. and the PS4 pro cant run MP games at a higher framerate [which doesnt matter for this game] but the Pro will run at a higher framerate anyway if the player picks the unlocked framerate option. On console you only get a select amount of CPU/GPU you can use. and You cant sell 60fps in a screenshot which is why devs are picking graphics over framerates.

MS are going after the 4K market not 1080/60. Hell till Halo 5 all the other Halo games were 30fps games.

You can't sell it in screenshots but you sure as hell can sell it in video... MUCH easier than 4K and HDR in fact.

What part of my post was ridiculous? 4K and HDR at 30 should almost always translate to 1080/60... Gee whiz.

Its easier to render at a higher resolution than achieve a stable higher framerate. The Scorpio wont be a 60fps machine either because that will segment the MS consoles by giving an unfair advantage to players on a Scorpio than a XBone in MP games.

Its easier to render at a higher resolution than achieve a stable higher framerate. The Scorpio wont be a 60fps machine either because that will segment the MS consoles by giving an unfair advantage to players on a Scorpio than a XBone in MP games.

Well that's disappointing to hear, would have been a reasonable way for MS to make up ground on Sony. I genuinely thought CoD was going to make 60 FPS standard for this gen, shame it hasn't gone that way.

Anyway, enough derailing.

That boggles the mind. How on earth can it handle 4K and HDR yet not 1080/60 :S

Hope the Scorpio isn't so half assed.

Yeah I was hoping there'd always be a 1080/60 option (medium settings)
1080/30 (Ultra settings)
4K/30 option (medium settings)

I can deal with 30fps, but I'd always take 60fps++ with a slight graphical hit.

Haven't really read any complaints about the frame rate in this one, seems to not dip much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back