PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

So it took me a few hours but I just realised that Aloy is voiced by the same actress who voiced Chloe in Life is Strange.

Looking forward to Aloy dropping a 'hella' in here somewhere.
no ******* way! It all makes sense...

Picked this up last week for $39 on the urging of manureid, along with hirdylloydy and a few of the other guys and it is really ******* cool. I knew it would be but yeah, it's fun. Now very addicted

Finished it the other day. Really enjoyed it although I felt the ending was a tad abrupt.

With a few of the trophies, I've killed at least one of everything but I still haven't got some of them? Is this a glitch?

Were some of them the red corrupted ones? They don't count from memory.

There's a checklist in the stats to workout which on that you're missing

Is it kill every type or over ride every type? I can't remember and I thought corrupted did count (been so long since I did it myself too now), but don't forget those wormies.

Corrupted counted as their own thing from memory. But it's probably worth him checking a Trophy guide just to be sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I've had this game pretty much since release and I've only been able to put around 3 hours into it. I like the idea, I like the scenery, the graphics and the main character but for some reason I get very bored after playing for 30+ mins.

I want to like this game and it has all of the features of a game I'd like, but I think the thing that holds me back is how busy the UI seems to me, there is stuff all over the place with quest updates and other stuff that it really takes away everything visual from the game, I was thinking maybe I need a bigger TV but I would have thought the resolution would be fixed?

Anyway hopefully it'll click for me and I can enjoy this game one day.

So I've had this game pretty much since release and I've only been able to put around 3 hours into it. I like the idea, I like the scenery, the graphics and the main character but for some reason I get very bored after playing for 30+ mins.

I want to like this game and it has all of the features of a game I'd like, but I think the thing that holds me back is how busy the UI seems to me, there is stuff all over the place with quest updates and other stuff that it really takes away everything visual from the game, I was thinking maybe I need a bigger TV but I would have thought the resolution would be fixed?

yeah i don't quite get the hype for this game unfortunately... it looks good and has a cool concept but i got maybe a third of the way done and have no desire to go back and finish it. cant put my finger on it but for some reason it just bored the s**t out of me and i didn't really like the gameplay

it starts a bit slow, but once you find Sylens and when you start learning more about what happened in the past and how the robots exist it gets amazing.

GoTY for me so far.

it starts a bit slow, but once you find Sylens and when you start learning more about what happened in the past and how the robots exist it gets amazing.

GoTY for me so far.
Same for me. Far more worthy than BotW I reckon.

I thought the story was great as was the gameplay. Aloy was an interesting and in-depth protagonist. Learning to takedown bigger and more numerous creatures is pretty satisfying.

To each their own though.

The best this about this game is the story. The gameplay can be very repetitive. So if you aren't a story guy, i can see why you wouldn't like this game.

HAVING SAID THAT: If you're 3 hours in you should keep going. It gets really good.

The game can be a bit of a drag if you're trying to do too much side stuff early.

Once you get to one of the main cities (can't remember the name) it really comes into its own.

It's a safe game that doesn't completely nail it, but once the story takes off it's a really enjoyable experience in my opinion.

The game can be a bit of a drag if you're trying to do too much side stuff early.

Once you get to one of the main cities (can't remember the name) it really comes into its own.

It's a safe game that doesn't completely nail it, but once the story takes off it's a really enjoyable experience in my opinion.
I hope the next game strays away form the ubisoft model a bit, alot to work with to make it a truly great series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back