Multiplat Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Sixpence

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finally finished it with Platinum. 68 hours total.
So my "quick" second playthrough somehow took 77 hours, a little longer than my first. Not sure how this happened when I was taking down machines easier and dying less (including the Hunter challenges). I'm also one trophy short of Platinum (first playthrough was on my UK account), which is the all skills one. Only realised late that I had been putting points into Frozen Wilds skills so am a few points short. Will have to play a bit of FW to get them which I wasn't planning to do.

Those 2 corrupted Rockbreakers can still go get f’ed! Got it first try but took quite a beating, even with the power armour. Normal Rockbreakers were easy.

Oh and fu** Ted Faro!

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I've actually recently gone back to play this, put it down when I bought because I couldn't get into it.

Enjoying it now though although I find Aloy so far to be a very forgettable character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Covitorian SSR
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I normally don't pay too much attention to Steam boards or review bombs but it sounds like they're on to something. It sounds way too un-optimised right now. Apparently a patch to address the issues is due this week or next. I never got around around to the expansion on PS4 so I was looking forward to replaying from the start on the PC port through fresh eyes but I might just hold off until things are addressed.

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Just a heads-up to anyone who hasn't had a crack at this game - the Complete Edition is a free download at the moment, at least on PS4. It's not a PS Plus freebie either, it's some 'Games at Home' international covid lockdown promotion or something.

I've never played it before but I just finished downloading it now. Noice.

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Just a heads-up to anyone who hasn't had a crack at this game - the Complete Edition is a free download at the moment, at least on PS4. It's not a PS Plus freebie either, it's some 'Games at Home' international covid lockdown promotion or something.

I've never played it before but I just finished downloading it now. Noice.
You’re in for a ride.

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Have fun with it. It's a great game.
Just persist. The start can be a bit boring, but once you get into the game a bit it opens up.
You’re in for a ride.
Never have truer words been written. I didn't expect this much story in a game and I love that part of it every bit as much as the gameplay. To me the mark of a great game is one where you're done for a session and you notice that four or five hours have passed. This is defininitely one of those games.

I'm rotating between this and 'Days Gone' at the moment, and in light of current pandemic events it puts a bit of an edge on things that normally wouldn't be there. For me, anyway!

bok_party

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Never have truer words been written. I didn't expect this much story in a game and I love that part of it every bit as much as the gameplay. To me the mark of a great game is one where you're done for a session and you notice that four or five hours have passed. This is defininitely one of those games.

I'm rotating between this and 'Days Gone' at the moment, and in light of current pandemic events it puts a bit of an edge on things that normally wouldn't be there. For me, anyway!
It’s one of the most unique worlds in media. Would love to see a series on it.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Just persist. The start can be a bit boring, but once you get into the game a bit it opens up.
I bought the base game on sale on the PS Store about a year ago but kept playing other games in front of it and now I’ve downloaded the free complete edition version so just started playing a couple of days ago. Such a fun game that has me hooked and now I can’t wait for the sequel. I got straight into it and have had lots of fun from the start.

Last edited:

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I bought the base game on sale on the PS Store about a year ago but kept playing other games in front of it and now I’ve downloaded the free complete edition version so just started playing a couple of days ago. Such a fun game that has me hooked and now I can’t wait for the sequel. I got straight into it and have had lots of fun from the start.
Did you collect all the sound recordings? That was half the fun piecing together what happened and how.

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Did you collect all the sound recordings? That was half the fun piecing together what happened and how.
I have collected when whenever I have seen them but not actively searched. I should get a good guide for them or maybe wait for post game. I am having a blast with the story. It’s a fantastic story.

Remove this Banner Ad