PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

So on this, it turns out that while the PS4 itself and physical game discs are region free, DLCs are not. :drunk:

Wasted USD$20 on buying the DLC I cannot play, and I apparently can't get a refund on it because I downloaded it. I guess it means I have to buy it on the Australian PS Store and play through the entire game again if I want to play The Frozen Wilds
Oh *. So your previous save matters not?

Oh glory be. So your previous save matters not?

Nope, because that save was played on the US PSN account as it is kinda the default one on my PS4

Its the main account for a couple of reasons - I first bought a PS3 to play NCAA 12 and thought it made sense to me at the time to use a US account, and I don't play that many games and never online due to s**t internet so didn't really have an incentive to change accounts

Just had to face...

The chieftan and do the trials which ended in the battle with 3 of the Bear type things. Jesus. Found a cave I could hide in to recover then pop out set some traps etc and then retreat to. Was getting wrecked out in the open.
I just did that this second and jumped on to say how ******* epic it was! I ran out of supplies to build more grenades/bombs but just managed to get it done. Thank * for that cave, saved my ass too!

Combat in this game is just so damn satisfying. No other game I've played compares to the above when beating an enemy. There's definitely harder enemies in other games but none more satisfying to take down.

Usually you're way OP at the end of a game but in this you still need to prepare to take on most things.

This game really does deserve game of the year.

So on this, it turns out that while the PS4 itself and physical game discs are region free, DLCs are not. :drunk:

Wasted USD$20 on buying the DLC I cannot play, and I apparently can't get a refund on it because I downloaded it. I guess it means I have to buy it on the Australian PS Store and play through the entire game again if I want to play The Frozen Wilds
This sucks, but is good to know as I'll probably move back to Aus next year. I already have an Aus account but will have to keep in mind any games I might play here with dlc coming later.

Only just started the DLC. Up to the part where im doing the time trial where you have to defeat the machine in 55 seconds with their shock weapon..

How....

Only just started the DLC. Up to the part where im doing the time trial where you have to defeat the machine in 55 seconds with their shock weapon..

How....
I tried and failed and couldn't be bothered trying it again. Skipped it and moved on. As far as the story mission goes you just need to complete the trial - Bronze is fine.

Just finished it with the exception of the hunting ground and about 4 or 5 trophies I can't be ****ed getting. Took about 23 hours to get to this point so about a third of the base game. Not bad.

They've done a pretty good job with this, fair amount of new content, the story fits in fairly well, there's a considerable skill increase and the night time sky looks amazing.

Might go back at some point for those trophies but I think I'm done for now. Really hope they make a sequel to this game, it's been awesome.

Still some kind of all out battle against the big bastards in this game. Went from feeling very OP at the end of the base game to really having to put in a shift against the
Frostclaws and Fireclaws.

Felt the same way! Those last guys are a real bitch. Taking out a Thunderjaw is child's play in comparison. Nearly went broke trying to get enough Chillwater to take them down. If I didn't upgrade the Icerail I don't think I'd stand a chance in that last mission. And it'd be damn near impossible without the shield weaver armour!

Now onto AC Origins!

Just finished it with the exception of the hunting ground and about 4 or 5 trophies I can't be ****** getting. Took about 23 hours to get to this point so about a third of the base game. Not bad.

They've done a pretty good job with this, fair amount of new content, the story fits in fairly well, there's a considerable skill increase and the night time sky looks amazing.

Might go back at some point for those trophies but I think I'm done for now. Really hope they make a sequel to this game, it's been awesome.

Felt the same way! Those last guys are a real bitch. Taking out a Thunderjaw is child's play in comparison. Nearly went broke trying to get enough Chillwater to take them down. If I didn't upgrade the Icerail I don't think I'd stand a chance in that last mission. And it'd be damn near impossible without the shield weaver armour!

Now onto AC Origins!
Yeh, running out of stuff to craft becomes and actual thing with ammo against some beasties. Spending a lot more time at the merchants buying s**t.

Yeh, finished it off. Not sure I will bother with all the collectables and final trophy hunting. Was at the point of hunting animals to upgrade every one of my carry pouches to max. Shooting fish and badgers got a bit boring though.

Really enjoyed it though, be interesting to see where they take it from here, if they do at all, but I assume due to it being pretty successful they will make more content or a number 2.

Haven't finished it yet but Frozen Wilds is fun I'm at level 51 wondering what the level cap is.
60. And get a trophy for reaching it. I am at 59 but finished all story and quests, so may grind to 60 for the bronze medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed it though, be interesting to see where they take it from here, if they do at all, but I assume due to it being pretty successful they will make more content or a number 2.

Pretty sure Guerrilla Games have already said that there won't be another DLC, but there will be a HZD2

EDIT: And here's the proof on no other DLCs

Last edited:
60. And get a trophy for reaching it. I am at 59 but finished all story and quests, so may grind to 60 for the bronze medal.
I finished at 58 (about only a quarter of the way to the next), was tempted to grind to 60 but will take a fair bit of hunting machines. Might come back to it at a later stage.

For those that have finished the DLC (manureid Sixpence etc) would it make more sense to play The Frozen Wilds before the end game of the main story line or after?

I'm just about to do the mission where you need to take down the Focus network in my second play through and then continue on through the main story line as I've done pretty much all the side quests and errands I think

For those that have finished the DLC (manureid Sixpence etc) would it make more sense to play The Frozen Wilds before the end game of the main story line or after?

I'm just about to do the mission where you need to take down the Focus network in my second play through and then continue on through the main story line as I've done pretty much all the side quests and errands I think
I'm pretty sure it's open after one of the main quests but I don't think you need to do the final battle. I'd personally wait until you're fully upgraded. The new machines are a bitch even with the top armor. As far as story line goes, I don't think it really matters much.

finally got around to finishing Frozen Wilds.

The characters were good, but not as memorable as some from the base game. and the new machines were a nice addition.

It did a great job with more world building for future games
Wish it had some or really any Sylens other than the open and the end.
Talking to Cyan was cool. When asking about Ted Faro i hoped she would say F**k that guy.

Ive got a 4k tv, is it worth to wait until i upgrade to a ps4 pro to play this game. Im not in a rush but im a sucker for graphics.

Ive got a 4k tv, is it worth to wait until i upgrade to a ps4 pro to play this game. Im not in a rush but im a sucker for graphics.
Looks amazing on normal tv on a normal ps4. But would probably be superb on the upgraded versions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back