PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got to play this. Good stuff. But from it's crafting, combat and skills it's way more a more in depth and larger rise of the tomb raider/reboot than BOTW other than the use of technology, but even that is more Metroid.

Just finished The Forge of Winter in The Frozen Wilds.

* those Fireclaws are scary MFers. I'll echo the sentiments of others that basically everything else in the game game is child's play compared to one of them. And now I have to kill 5 more? Hopefully when Aratak said that there were people tracking them it means I'll have some help with them too, because I'm not sure how I'm going to beat them singlehandedly, especially if I have to fight more than one at a time.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to go broke buy Chillwater and Blaze to make enough ammo to kill them. The Ice-only attack of the Ice-rail is pissweak.

Is there a "proper" way to beating them?

Just had to face...

The chieftan and do the trials which ended in the battle with 3 of the Bear type things. Jesus. Found a cave I could hide in to recover then pop out set some traps etc and then retreat to. Was getting wrecked out in the open.

I actually had no problem with that fight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My strategy of spamming bombs at them worked great :D

The best this about this game is the story. The gameplay can be very repetitive. So if you aren't a story guy, i can see why you wouldn't like this game.

HAVING SAID THAT: If you're 3 hours in you should keep going. It gets really good.
Finished this today and you're 100% right. Great game

**** those Fireclaws are scary MFers. I'll echo the sentiments of others that basically everything else in the game game is child's play compared to one of them. And now I have to kill 5 more? Hopefully when Aratak said that there were people tracking them it means I'll have some help with them too, because I'm not sure how I'm going to beat them singlehandedly, especially if I have to fight more than one at a time.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to go broke buy Chillwater and Blaze to make enough ammo to kill them. The Ice-only attack of the Ice-rail is pissweak.

I think i did freeze cannon and then bombs from memory.

**** those Fireclaws are scary MFers. I'll echo the sentiments of others that basically everything else in the game game is child's play compared to one of them. And now I have to kill 5 more? Hopefully when Aratak said that there were people tracking them it means I'll have some help with them too, because I'm not sure how I'm going to beat them singlehandedly, especially if I have to fight more than one at a time.

I snipped them from a distance with the secondary ice rail shot. But yeh, went damn near broke trying to get enough chill water. Aratak helps you on a pair of them, others you'll do solo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the freeze weapons has an upgrade of some sort that takes them down quick from memory. Would have to check what it was.

Yeah the improved Ice Rail (weapon you get for beating Aratak) fires some sort of bolt that does about 150-200 damage + some ice effect, but it has a massive warm-up time that you need to hold R2 for before you can fire it. There it only works if you're far enough away that you don't take damage in during that time

Just finished this. Really good game but more derivative than original (owes a big debt to Far Cry). Everything it does it does extremely well though.

Yeah good call, its stuff we've seen before but it's just put together so well. Think I said earlier in the thread I have it as a mash up of Witcher, Tomb Raider and Far Cry.

Just finished the Frozen Wilds DLC, pretty solid, around 20 hours if you take your time and do everything.

I finally started this even though I've owned it since last year. Only a couple hours in but how good does this look? The world is awesome to explore as well, and it's very satisfying taking down a machine with a bow & arrow

The looks of it are what draw you in, as you progress in the story, that's what keeps you involved.

Such a well rounded game.

Just finished Far Cry 5 and was looking for a game to get into. Completely forgot I had played this and shelved it. Might have to give this another crack, i only got about 20 minutes in last time

Just finished Far Cry 5 and was looking for a game to get into. Completely forgot I had played this and shelved it. Might have to give this another crack, i only got about 20 minutes in last time

Far Cry 5 is not even in the same ballpark for quality. I know they both probably got similiar scores but Horizon is 50x the game Far Cry is.

Far Cry 5 is not even in the same ballpark for quality. I know they both probably got similiar scores but Horizon is 50x the game Far Cry is.

Haha i'm a Far Cry fanboy and i still had to take numerous breaks from FC5. Beautiful game but boring as bats*it in most parts, way too repetitive. If Horizon's story is even 25% as good as everyone says it is, I'm sure i'm in for a good ride. It came out just as i bought the DLC for Witcher 3, so i got roped into Witcher and left Horizon on a stand still

Haha i'm a Far Cry fanboy and i still had to take numerous breaks from FC5. Beautiful game but boring as bats*it in most parts, way too repetitive. If Horizon's story is even 25% as good as everyone says it is, I'm sure i'm in for a good ride. It came out just as i bought the DLC for Witcher 3, so i got roped into Witcher and left Horizon on a stand still

Horizon is a much tighter experience than Witcher. Witcher is amazing but there are some drudgery bits. The feeling you get from horizon when you are exploring is second to none.

I got about 14 hours into far cry and stopped playing it. Its the same story in all 3 areas.

Had some spare time today so decided I would give this another go. Forgot how much fun it is. Very well designed game.

Still yet to get into it. Backlog has just built up and this ended up at the back of the gaming cabinet. Have to give it a crack soon :p is the DLC a must buy as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back