PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Still yet to get into it. Backlog has just built up and this ended up at the back of the gaming cabinet. Have to give it a crack soon :p is the DLC a must buy as well?

I would say yes if you like the game, its more of the same really with additonal weapons, enemies and currency. From memory, decent length too if you do everything - there are new side quests and collectables too in addition to a new main storyline.

Still yet to get into it. Backlog has just built up and this ended up at the back of the gaming cabinet. Have to give it a crack soon :p is the DLC a must buy as well?
If you enjoy the base game then yes - adds another 20 or so hours with more good story and (much) harder machines to take down

You know how in most open world games you become super OP by the end of the main game? The DLC makes you look like a little bitch again! If you like a challenge then definitely get the DLC!

I can't wait for the sequel to come out. Exploring this world is second to none. Better than all of AC Origins/Odyssey, Red Dead, BotW etc.

You know how in most open world games you become super OP by the end of the main game? The DLC makes you look like a little bitch again! If you like a challenge then definitely get the DLC!

I can't wait for the sequel to come out. Exploring this world is second to none. Better than all of AC Origins/Odyssey, Red Dead, BotW etc.
Oh yeh... I remember coming across the first beasty in the DLC and thinking I was still a wrecking ball.. got owned in a bad way.

Every time I see this when browsing the PS Store or walking through JB, I'm tempted to buy it again and give it another run through. Even though I've got a few other things in my backlog. I think I may still do.

The sequel can't come quick enough.

Mate who was late to PS4 just started it, not gonna lie I'm pretty jelly.

Never finished this so restarted 2 weeks ago and just got the plat now. What a great game. Really enjoyed it once it opened up. Enjoyed the story and can't wait for a sequal.

Is the expansion worth getting?

Never finished this so restarted 2 weeks ago and just got the plat now. What a great game. Really enjoyed it once it opened up. Enjoyed the story and can't wait for a sequal.

Yes. My abiding memory was my first battle in it against a machine getting reamed badly. Was not quite as 'tanky' first up. Worth a playthrough of the expansion if you really liked the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, I think it's worth it. As manureid says, you finish the main game feeling pretty OP and badass, only to get bent over in the first 30 seconds. The new machines definitely provide more of a challenge.

Game started off slow for me. So slow I stopped playing it for a bit but did eventually go back and start it again and finished. Ended up really really enjoying it.

Finished the Witcher 3 and saw this was cheap so thought I'd give a second playthrough.

Coming from TW3, it definitely feels cut down in comparison. Crafting and inventory management is much simpler. Facial expressions aren't quite as detailed. Also feel the quests end a bit abruptly, you have these big fight scenes with allies and then it's just like "cheers, cya".

It's still a beautiful looking game though and combat is probably the most satisfying out of any game I've played. Even knowing how to take down each machine, you still need to plan ahead. I'm still cautious around Sawtooth's (Sawteeth?) when I see them.

Not up to Meridian yet.

Between the graphics, combat and story, this holds up great!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back