PS4 Horizon: Zero Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

I still want someone to make this in to a movie/TV series.

The Apple+ show, See, with Jason Momoa is kind of similiar. Not in concept, there aren't any robotic dinosaurs. But it did remind me a lot of what the society looked like in the game.

Finally finished it with Platinum. 68 hours total.
So my "quick" second playthrough somehow took 77 hours, a little longer than my first. Not sure how this happened when I was taking down machines easier and dying less (including the Hunter challenges). I'm also one trophy short of Platinum (first playthrough was on my UK account), which is the all skills one. Only realised late that I had been putting points into Frozen Wilds skills so am a few points short. Will have to play a bit of FW to get them which I wasn't planning to do.

Those 2 corrupted Rockbreakers can still go get ****ed! Got it first try but took quite a beating, even with the power armour. Normal Rockbreakers were easy.

Oh and * Ted Faro!

Don't have a PS4 so considering the PC release

Was it good for the PS4 players?
Yes. Highly recommend. You might hit a point a few hours in where you think its not for you, but persist.

Amazing game. waiting to replay it when it hopefully gets a PS5 patch.

and did a really good job of telling the story of how the world ended up like it is in the game through holograms.

Easily a top 5 PS4 game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I normally don't pay too much attention to Steam boards or review bombs but it sounds like they're on to something. It sounds way too un-optimised right now. Apparently a patch to address the issues is due this week or next. I never got around around to the expansion on PS4 so I was looking forward to replaying from the start on the PC port through fresh eyes but I might just hold off until things are addressed.

Just a heads-up to anyone who hasn't had a crack at this game - the Complete Edition is a free download at the moment, at least on PS4. It's not a PS Plus freebie either, it's some 'Games at Home' international covid lockdown promotion or something.

I've never played it before but I just finished downloading it now. Noice.

Just a heads-up to anyone who hasn't had a crack at this game - the Complete Edition is a free download at the moment, at least on PS4. It's not a PS Plus freebie either, it's some 'Games at Home' international covid lockdown promotion or something.

I've never played it before but I just finished downloading it now. Noice.

You’re in for a ride.

Have fun with it. It's a great game.
Just persist. The start can be a bit boring, but once you get into the game a bit it opens up.
You’re in for a ride.

Never have truer words been written. I didn't expect this much story in a game and I love that part of it every bit as much as the gameplay. To me the mark of a great game is one where you're done for a session and you notice that four or five hours have passed. This is defininitely one of those games.

I'm rotating between this and 'Days Gone' at the moment, and in light of current pandemic events it puts a bit of an edge on things that normally wouldn't be there. For me, anyway!

Never have truer words been written. I didn't expect this much story in a game and I love that part of it every bit as much as the gameplay. To me the mark of a great game is one where you're done for a session and you notice that four or five hours have passed. This is defininitely one of those games.

I'm rotating between this and 'Days Gone' at the moment, and in light of current pandemic events it puts a bit of an edge on things that normally wouldn't be there. For me, anyway!
It’s one of the most unique worlds in media. Would love to see a series on it.

Just persist. The start can be a bit boring, but once you get into the game a bit it opens up.

I bought the base game on sale on the PS Store about a year ago but kept playing other games in front of it and now I’ve downloaded the free complete edition version so just started playing a couple of days ago. Such a fun game that has me hooked and now I can’t wait for the sequel. I got straight into it and have had lots of fun from the start.

Last edited:
I bought the base game on sale on the PS Store about a year ago but kept playing other games in front of it and now I’ve downloaded the free complete edition version so just started playing a couple of days ago. Such a fun game that has me hooked and now I can’t wait for the sequel. I got straight into it and have had lots of fun from the start.

Did you collect all the sound recordings? That was half the fun piecing together what happened and how.

Did you collect all the sound recordings? That was half the fun piecing together what happened and how.
Needs to be a miniseries. Amazing story to be told imo

I have collected when whenever I have seen them but not actively searched. I should get a good guide for them or maybe wait for post game. I am having a blast with the story. It’s a fantastic story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back