Hornethorne and the wooden spoon dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what happens when when you are not good enough!The team can keep up for 2 or 3 quarters and then the cream rises to the top when the other team is running out of petrol tickets!That is not tanking !!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes there is 0 chance players stop trying halfway through a game to get a better draft pick, who might then take their job. Bad sides just can’t play at a decent level consistently

Lets hope so for the kids sake
The key to avoid any tanking discussion is to decentivise finishing down the ladder..
I am 100% sure players don’t stop trying their best in any match or contest to get a better draft pick.
But it’s no secret recruiters and obviously some fans would prefer their team lose games to benefit their draft position..
I’d bring in a lottery as a priority if I were in the AFLs shoes. It would be marketable and bring a layer of excitement to the post season. I can’t see the negative to it..
I’d also make the bottom team have a wooden spoon plastered across their jursey for their entirety of the following year to remind them it’s not cool to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back