Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't want us to tank and we don't need to - we are bad enough to lose every game from here. But I do want North Melbourne to keep winning games. This season is a dumpster fire. Pick 1 please.

RobHawk

All Australian
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
In 1976 Collingwood were woodenspooners and the next year played in the grand final.
Not sure there has been any team finish second bottom and made the grand final the next year.
This is my flimsy excuse for not caring if we finish last.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
I'd be sending anyone needing surgery off now, get Burgers to retire when he gets to 404 games and do our best to win games but if it does not happen, then so be it.

For those in the know, are players like Matthew Roberts, Josh Rachele, Ben Hobbs, etc a big step down from Horne?

StillAtLarge

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It'll all come down to the Collingwood game. North are good for one more win and that fixture looks the most likely 4 points for us once the pies' dead cat bounce wears off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd be sending anyone needing surgery off now, get Burgers to retire when he gets to 404 games and do our best to win games but if it does not happen, then so be it.

For those in the know, are players like Matthew Roberts, Josh Rachele, Ben Hobbs, etc a big step down from Horne?
It seems that way but we wont know until the season plays out, one or two always burst onto the scene and this year more than any will find more gems as the season goes on.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The tone of this thread will be a s**t show.

My focus would be on what we can do with the rest of the season, if we can get games into the kids and maybe even find a player or two (Morris in defence) will help us hit the ground running next year.

We are legit missing half the team now, tanking will be mute to pure talent, but that doesn’t mean we except the s**t coming out of the midfield.

Where we end up, will be more about north as they could realistically win 3 games if they are pushing.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even with our injuries , still think we will pinch a game on the way home.
The game V Adelaide will probably settle it because they actually genuine look like the cue is in the rack .

Ours might be as well but more forced due to our list availability.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even with our injuries , still think we will pinch a game on the way home.
The game V Adelaide will probably settle it because they actually genuine look like the cue is in the rack .

Ours might be as well but more forced due to our list availability.
Any team that loses to us should be sentenced on the spot for tanking.

Spursfan

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
We still have games against Melbourne, Brisbane, the dogs and richmond leading into the finals. Our percentage is going to take an almighty beating, Adelaide won’t be able to out tank us

Just at theory, the way the wheels are falling off the tigers they may have well and truly 'gone to the beach' by the last round. That could be a 'danger' winnable game..

Aug 16, 2009
Behind you
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't want he spoon. I don't care who comes with it.

There is no way the players should feel like losing is ok. It will happen most of the rest of the season but there should be no weird ‘celebration’ of attaining pick 1.

The ONLY way Hawthorn should get pick 1 is by trading Croad and McPharlin to Freo again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back