Hornethorne and the wooden spoon dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got no doubt we finish last now. Unless North start resting Cunnington again.
Nah, North have only one winnable game from here. Geelong, Sydney to come and R23 against the Crows at AO is the only one i see them winning and Crows are good at AO and North aren't good there. Plus we have Pies, Richmond (r23) etc which we have been known to randomly win.

Nah, North have only one winnable game from here. Geelong, Sydney to come and R23 against the Crows at AO is the only one i see them winning and Crows are good at AO and North aren't good there. Plus we have Pies, Richmond (r23) etc which we have been known to randomly win.

North have Richmond on the run home also, if you're saying it's winnable for us then it's winnable for North also.

It’s still uncertain exactly where the games are going to be played so I don’t think you can count on how teams play at venues too much. There’s always upsets! The teams fighting for top 8 spots have been losing must win games for the past 5 weeks. I think it’s going to be either 2 points or percentage separating us, Collingwood and North. Flip a coin!

I've got no doubt we finish last now. Unless North start resting Cunnington again.

Big call mate, looking at the draw, I'm less confident.

North v Tigers is the game for me. There's no chance North are beating Crows round 23 if it moves them from 18th to 17th.

So apparently Cerra wants to come home. If we are in the picture (and we should a huge offer to make sure we are), the biggest benefit in finishing last would not be getting access to the first pick in the national draft, but the leverage of having first pick in the pre-season draft.
Don't know him beyond the name, how do we rate him?

It’s still uncertain exactly where the games are going to be played so I don’t think you can count on how teams play at venues too much. There’s always upsets! The teams fighting for top 8 spots have been losing must win games for the past 5 weeks. I think it’s going to be either 2 points or percentage separating us, Collingwood and North. Flip a coin!
It's end of year so it's likely to be at AO and there next 2-3 are Sydney, Geelong and Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have Richmond on the run home also, if you're saying it's winnable for us then it's winnable for North also.
I'm more saying us because of our luck with pulling magical performances out of our ass and we haven't lost a R23 game in over a decade.

Don't think that increases our chances of winning, Fremantle beat us by 10 goals in Launceston and North beat us when they were going horribly.

Yeah I agree with that, it was more on the basis that they would be unfamiliar with the ground. It hasn’t really been a fortress for us for some years now

They didn’t rest him, he has a serious family issue currently. When they went to Queensland they thought they could be there for weeks like Essendon.
Sorry to intrude but I'm pretty sure his wife is heavily pregnant and he didn't want to go to QLD for potentially 3 weeks and leave her with their two young kids. Shouldn't miss anymore games for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back