Hornethorne and the wooden spoon dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mitchell has any intelligence he has us belted by 12 goals each game and then we take Horne in the draft.

There is zero reason even fielding a team right now.

This season is a write off. As is next year most likely too.

Last season we gave Dylan Moore a chance for the last 3 games because we had nothing to lose and look what happened.

I'm fully expecting next week to be the beginning of some big changes. As long as they perform strongly in the VFL I think we're every chance of seeing Maginness, Saunders, Jeka and Downie get a run.

Not sold that this means we’ll finish last. A lot of fluctuating emotions after today. Could just as easily be super pumped up with a point to prove/pride on the line and surprise a few teams like we died with Melbourne.

Let’s see.

After 1 week the players were complaining about not knowing who is boss.

If Clarko is still there for the rest of the year who is the boss?

Its a ******* shambles. Why didnt they sack him on the spot if the club had no direction and no leadership?

They have no idea what they are doing.

Don't want the spoon but geez, if we get Horne it would definitely help ease the pain😁

I hope Horne could be as dominant as Rowell was before his injury. Hawks need a player of Callaghan's size but only if he really could play. No offence to Howe but he may turn out like him.

I believe we only 1 win left in us, against Collingwood, and that itself is only 50/50 at best. Imo, we have 40% chance at best to beat the Tigers.

The Kangaroos have 3 winnable games. I'd say they are 40% to beat the Tigers and Swans, and 50% against the Crows.

So first draft pick is a very good chance. Fingers crossed.

I believe we only 1 win left in us, against Collingwood, and that itself is only 50/50 at best. Imo, we have 40% chance at best to beat the Tigers.

The Kangaroos have 3 winnable games. I'd say they are 40% to beat the Tigers and Swans, and 50% against the Crows.

40% against the Swans is too high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kangaroos won’t win another game
Neither will we

It will come down to % on who finishes last

Surely if we land pick 1 you trade it to GWS for pick4&10 maybe give them something with it, Horne goes 1 academy bids matched Callahan @4 then we get best available @10???

If the noise made by the media (including our own Jordan Lewis) comes true, we will have more first round draft picks due to trading senior stars, such as O'Meara, Tom Mitchell and Chad Wingard etc. Those mentioned will command at least a first round pick. We've been on the other end of this many times - and now it's our turn.

Now with Sam at the helm (albeit post round 23), he may focus on the medium to long-term future, and bring in quality kids at the expense of experienced players who would otherwise have helped bring short-term on-field success. This last part is only my opinion, purely based on hearing in the media that Sam's wanting to do things differently, and both he and Clarko had different directions going forward. Time will tell.

Surely if we land pick 1 you trade it to GWS for pick4&10 maybe give them something with it, Horne goes 1 academy bids matched Callahan @4 then we get best available @10???

I don't see us trading out our first draft pick due to the above reasons.

Very sure it wouldn't work out that way & would be a disastrous move for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back