Review All Things Horse Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Avilius is a Gr 3 winner over a mile but Winx would be far too quick for him. He’d get closer over a mile and a half but still wouldn’t beat her IMHO.

Avilius is a Gr 3 winner over a mile but Winx would be far too quick for him. He’d get closer over a mile and a half but still wouldn’t beat her IMHO.
There is that, yes re distance.

If trained for a mile or 1800m he’d be terrific I’m sure.

But regardless of distance, even 2400m, Winx would absolutely towel Avilius.
She would towel any horse this autumn.

Well, like the Pies today OB needed to win the thing, they don’t just hand G1’s to you, and coming from last that’s not necessarily assured. I dare say he was helped by Nature Strip putting the pressure on three wide the trip too.

Well, like the Pies today OB needed to win the thing, they don’t just hand G1’s to you, and coming from last that’s not necessarily assured. I dare say he was helped by Nature Strip putting the pressure on three wide the trip too.
Frankly OB is just not that good, The era of sprinters is poor and for that he is lucky, but there wont be a worse group 1 than yesterday and he could not win that. I doubt he will win one now, although i dont see many good sprinters coming up.

Frankly OB is just not that good, The era of sprinters is poor and for that he is lucky, but there wont be a worse group 1 than yesterday and he could not win that. I doubt he will win one now, although i dont see many good sprinters coming up.
I think he’s better suited over 1400m. Reckon he could win one at that distance.

Heath, when you come 2nd five times in a row in group 1s then it means you’re competitive.
Once you’re in that group, you can win one or two of them.

Will it happen? If he stays sound, I’d say yes. There are never guarantees but he is a strong horse that is consistent and takes lots of racing.

But course you need an ounce of luck.

Tough gig, but he’s capable.

I think he’s better suited over 1400m. Reckon he could win one at that distance.
Hes one of those horses who run on over shorter distances because he has a short sharp sprint, but when he gets over further he just doesnt quite run it, Hes had a few starts over 1400 and is never quite there
Heath, when you come 2nd five times in a row in group 1s then it means you’re competitive.
Once you’re in that group, you can win one or two of them.

Will it happen? If he stays sound, I’d say yes. There are never guarantees but he is a strong horse that is consistent and takes lots of racing.

But course you need an ounce of luck.

Tough gig, but he’s capable.

He is poorly weighted in handicaps even though he hasn't won one because he is consistent and he always finds one better over WFA. I had a few dollars on the Bostonian because he finished close to NZ's best Melody Belle a couple of starts ago but in any other year there is no way he would have won that race. As i said before the sprinters are poor at the moment and i cannot see anything coming up. Sunlight is good ordinary (PEter busustow!) Nature strip is the best 1000 - 1100 meter horse in australia but not many group 1 races over that distance. Redzel might be past his best. Pierata and Trapeze Artist retired, leaves Alizee nd Santa Ana Lane for me as the best 1200m horse but SAL is very inconsistent.
I can see a Schillaci coming out of nowhere this year.. the sprints are there for the taking

Hes one of those horses who run on over shorter distances because he has a short sharp sprint, but when he gets over further he just doesnt quite run it, Hes had a few starts over 1400 and is never quite there

He is poorly weighted in handicaps even though he hasn't won one because he is consistent and he always finds one better over WFA. I had a few dollars on the Bostonian because he finished close to NZ's best Melody Belle a couple of starts ago but in any other year there is no way he would have won that race. As i said before the sprinters are poor at the moment and i cannot see anything coming up. Sunlight is good ordinary (PEter busustow!) Nature strip is the best 1000 - 1100 meter horse in australia but not many group 1 races over that distance. Redzel might be past his best. Pierata and Trapeze Artist retired, leaves Alizee nd Santa Ana Lane for me as the best 1200m horse but SAL is very inconsistent.
I can see a Schillaci coming out of nowhere this year.. the sprints are there for the taking
Good summation.

SAL looks the best of them, but doesn’t win like clock work.

There for the taking? Absolutely.

Voodoo Lad won a G1, rest his soul, and he was similarly consistent to Osborne Bulls. He’ll jag one eventually.
True.

I also like Osborne Bulls because he’s such a consistent animal.

Big boy and like his name, quirky. Also a gelding which is not preferred by Godolphin.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back