Review All Things Horse Racing

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
For lovers of the wonderful horse and racing with horses.

Bless.

It's spring and the best are stepping out.

• Winx an absolute all time great. One of the greatest horses ever!

The Autumn Sun - the new real deal

Redzel - winning sprint races with large purses. Conquered the Everest twice.

Avilius - can Godolphin break through and win a Melbourne Cup......... finally?

Over to you

Mods

If you feel it appropriate to move this thread from the nest to the mainstream area... leave it to you guys.

For lovers of the wonderful horse and racing with horses.

Bless.

It's spring and the best are stepping out.

• Winx an absolute all time great. One of the greatest horses ever!

The Autumn Sun - the new real deal

Redzel - winning sprint races with large purses. Conquered the Everest twice.

Avilius - can Godolphin break through and win a Melbourne Cup......... finally?

Over to you
Well done SV, I am looking to forward to you, Leviathan Pie. Temploar and The Royal Sampler to discuss so that I can make my $5 bet this carnival as I have no idea.

I didn't even realise that Williams had changed trainers.

Is it Caulfied Cup next or Cox Plate?

Well done SV, I am looking to forward to you, Leviathan Pie. Temploar and The Royal Sampler to discuss so that I can make my $5 bet this carnival as I have no idea.

I didn't even realise that Williams had changed trainers.

Is it Caulfied Cup next or Cox Plate?
My real outsider for Cup looks to be going to the paddock so knock that out (Vin De Dance).

If you mean Lloyd Williams he has changed his designated trainer to Liam Howley as Robert Hickmott (former AFL footballer actually) doing his own thing.

Lloyd also uses Aiden O’Brien and his son Joseph O’Brien, my theory being Lloyd loves being associated with O’Brien as he’s the biggest trainer in Europe, by far.

Yucatan is starting in Caulfield Cup next.

Race meetings coming up (all Saturday unless stated otherwise)

• Caulfield Cup
  • Cox Plate
  • Derby Day
  • Cup Day (Tuesday)
  • Oaks Day (Thursday)
  • Stakes Day

I’m hoping Youngstar wins Caulfield Cup then Avilius Melbourne Cup as that’s my long term cups double I have going left....

Self interest:)

I’m on the yucatan train now after it’s impressive ride in the Herbert Power stakes that knocked me out of the quaddie. I remember Protectionist in 2014 that powered home in the same race for fourth but impressed me to end up loading up for the Melbourne Cup.

Was going to put some money on Yucatan for the Caulfield Cup yesterday at 7 and now it’s come into 5.

I’m on the yucatan train now after it’s impressive ride in the Herbert Power stakes that knocked me out of the quaddie. I remember Protectionist in 2014 that powered home in the same race for fourth but impressed me to end up loading up for the Melbourne Cup.

Was going to put some money on Yucatan for the Caulfield Cup yesterday at 7 and now it’s come into 5.
It was super impressive and I would be tempted to back it to do the Cups double. Must be going exceptionally well to win as well as he did.

Maybe The Taj Mahal/Nights Watch each way for mine too.

As an impressive Caulfield Cup trial as you would see.

Reminded me of other great Melbourne Cup trials over the years.

The mesmerising trials:

Empire Rose in the McKinnon
Let’s Elope in the McKinnon

The terrific trials:

Rogan Josh in the McKinnon.
Shocking in the Hotham Hcp (Lexus.)
Brew in the Hotham Hcp.
Media Puzzle in the Geelong Cup.

The lovely trials:
Gurners Lane
Black Knight
Kingston Rule

Etc

Im a bit tired of Lloyd Williams though.
Buys his success.
Though admire how he is prepared to
Spend millions every year in His quest.

Likes a horse tries to buy it and prepared to spend millions.

Hawthorn supporter too.

Really liked the look of Blair House and Benbatl on Saturday in the Caulfield stakes.

They put a few lengths on humidor who was able to give winx a real fright in last year's cox plate.

This year's plate just got a bit more interesting for me.

Really liked the look of Blair House and Benbatl on Saturday in the Caulfield stakes.

They put a few lengths on humidor who was able to give winx a real fright in last year's cox plate.

This year's plate just got a bit more interesting for me.
Can see Winx win by five lengths.

Her ability to do those sectionals, furlough by furlong is so freaky.

That's why even if The Autumn Sun was running against her, she'd put him and the rest away.

Can see Winx win by five lengths.

Her ability to do those sectionals, furlough by furlong is so freaky.

That's why even if The Autumn Sun was running against her, she'd put him and the rest away.

Glad they're not running Autumn sun against her.

Could have just seen him get his heart broken. Not mature enough yet. Even the trainer and owners have admitted it and they're doing the right thing.

Obviously he's gonna go to stud and command a huge fee eventually but it would be nice to see him win a few big races during the autumn carnival next year.

I don't know mate I think the godolphin horses are pretty good. I wouldn't say 5 lengths hahaha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad they're not running Autumn sun against her.

Could have just seen him get his heart broken. Not mature enough yet. Even the trainer and owners have admitted it and they're doing the right thing.

Obviously he's gonna go to stud and command a huge fee eventually but it would be nice to see him win a few big races during the autumn carnival next year.

I don't know mate I think the godolphin horses are pretty good. I wouldn't say 5 lengths hahaha.
When he gets to stud....
Nice work if you can get it.

Must say Lloyd is a funny fellow; but helps my youngstar long range outlay

All-in players from this morning would be furious. And rightly so.
On that I agree.

It's a bit of a nasty steer job.

Far far far better to have the dignity to say outright, we are really in two minds, depends on the weight we get, depends on how the horse pulls up, depends on our review, blah blah blah.
And add in, as a rule we will always favour the Melbourne Cup Road, that which is better for that aim, punters beware.

But Lloyd is a man of the people - not.

On that I agree.

It's a bit of a nasty steer job.

Far far far better to have the dignity to say outright, we are really in two minds, depends on the weight we get, depends on how the horse pulls up, depends on our review, blah blah blah.
And add in, as a rule we will always favour the Melbourne Cup Road, that which is better for that aim, punters beware.

But Lloyd is a man of the people - not.
As opposed to Nick coming out this morning and saying the horse has pulled up super, and onto the Caulfield Cup we go.

Totally unnecessary.

Never punt all in.
There's a lot of truth there.

But since I can remember I've liked a small throw at the cups double - to me it's very romantic, a throw to the old days of cups doubles being big things.

My own history with it, is a few fun times.
Got the Let's Elope double after they paid a late entry fee (there's a one week grace period for late entries at the original nominations). Small win as same horse is never multiply the odds.

Had At Talaq / Mr Lomondy but the wrong way around (would you believe)(got Caulfield Cup quinella the two of them paid 70 and some on memory)

Elvstroem / Zazzman because Zazzman's owner I knew was hogging to win a million plus if it got up, Zazzman came third in 2004 which was Makybe Divas second win.
I had 16,000+ had Zazzman won. But does didnt.
Cups Doubles can gave very big odds so a ten or twenty can get you a big win.

But as a rule besides those kind of futures fun, I don't like all in early anyway.

As opposed to Nick coming out this morning and saying the horse has pulled up super, and onto the Caulfield Cup we go.

Totally unnecessary.
It's bordering on deceit.

Buyer beware. Still not right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back