Racing Horseracing Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

yep that is correct
amazing when you think about it

I know a bit about this,should considering he's my avatar.

Story goes that he was to trial beforehand but he got down in float & they never made it.
So he was a staying bred gelding debuting on a bottomless track drawn outside barrier in a 2yo dash.
This was in days when bookmakers actually competed for business so they just kept turning his price out.

4 runs later won VRC Derby & rest is history
Genuine freak,best horse I've seen live.

seth

Story goes that he was to trial beforehand but he got down in float & they never made it.
So he was a staying bred gelding debuting on a bottomless track drawn outside barrier in a 2yo dash.
This was in days when bookmakers actually competed for business so they just kept turning his price out.

seth
you should be arguing his case in the Winx thread!!

seth

was also in the day when punters didn't care if horses trialled privately :)

Won an Australian Cup at 80-1 too

was also in the day when punters didn't care if horses trialled privately :)
Won an Australian Cup at 80-1 too

Proper win too,came from impossible position.
Deep Australian Cup too,beat Manikato & Family of Man who won a Cox Plate and a MacKinnon .
Amazing depth in Australia WFA ranks at that time:

Surround, Savoir, Unaware, Better Draw, Maybe Mahal, Desirable, Toy Show, Ngawyni, Salamander,, Sir Silver Lad, Dalrello,Ming Dynasty, Denise’s Joy, Vice Regal, Kingston Town, Mighty Kingdom, Hyperno, Raffindale, Always Welcome, So Called, Shivaree, Belmura Lad, Gypsy Kingdom, Sovereign Red

seth

Proper win too,came from impossible position.
Deep Australian Cup too,beat Manikato & Family of Man who won a Cox Plate and a MacKinnon .
Amazing depth in Australia WFA ranks at that time:

Surround, Savoir, Unaware, Better Draw, Maybe Mahal, Desirable, Toy Show, Ngawyni, Salamander,, Sir Silver Lad, Dalrello,Ming Dynasty, Denise’s Joy, Vice Regal, Kingston Town, Mighty Kingdom, Hyperno, Raffindale, Always Welcome, So Called, Shivaree, Belmura Lad, Gypsy Kingdom, Sovereign Red

seth
Meh. No Haurakis or Lasquetti Spirits among that lot.

this thread needs more questions.
ill give you 3.

Easy : What was the name of the horse that was trained by Henry Davis and owned by Mark Read that was backed from 100/1 officially (200s was given) to 2/1 and won in the early 80s?

Medium : Which of Seths list Surround, Savoir, Unaware, Better Draw, Maybe Mahal, Desirable, Toy Show, Ngawyni, Salamander,, Sir Silver Lad, Dalrello,Ming Dynasty, Denise’s Joy, Vice Regal, Kingston Town, Mighty Kingdom, Hyperno, Raffindale, Always Welcome, So Called, Shivaree, Belmura Lad, Gypsy Kingdom, Sovereign Red
was one of the 1st imports that raced successfully from europe?

Hard : What was the head to head record between Schillaci and Hareeba?

this thread needs more questions.
ill give you 3.

Easy : What was the name of the horse that was trained by Henry Davis and owned by Mark Read that was backed from 100/1 officially (200s was given) to 2/1 and won in the early 80s?

Getting Closer. Read special

Reminds me of Smerdon plunge on Zusrab which almost did the same thing, just missed.

No idea on the other 2. Can't line Schillaci and Hareeba up for dates. Remember Schillaci's triple crown after a couple of starts and that it was terrible in the wet but that's about it.

The import was Raffindale,massive grey frontrunner.

Dandy Andy won a G1 in Qld,no idea what is was called back then

seth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After getting the dulcify question correct i forget to ask my own question. This should be easy enough, who did octagonal run 2nd to in his last ever start?

Lets put up an easy one to get things rolling again.

Which horse proved to be Bart Cummings last VRC Derby winner?
Getting Closer. Read special

Reminds me of Smerdon plunge on Zusrab which almost did the same thing, just missed.

No idea on the other 2. Can't line Schillaci and Hareeba up for dates. Remember Schillaci's triple crown after a couple of starts and that it was terrible in the wet but that's about it.
Zusrab there's a memory. .about 1989 at the Valley was from memory 100s into 9-2 in an hour or two..ran second

Remove this Banner Ad

Back