moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
A good summary of the coaching situation for next season in Friday's Mailtimes. For those that don't read the local rag this is the summary;

Kalkee: Matt Beddison reappointed.
Edenhope Aplsey: James Dixon and Mal Coutts (new).
Swifts: Paul Hanns reappointed now with Ben Martin.
Laharum: Marcus Demaria reappointed.
Rupanyup: Glenn Wyatt reappointed.
Pimpinio: Gary Davidson (new).
Noradjuha Quantong: still looking, Rod Hogan stepped down.
Harrow Balmoral: still looking, Max Leeming retired.
Taylors Lake: still looking.
Natimuk: still looking.

Cobber having a bit of a whinge in the Mail Times today. Some sour grapes about being sent to play at Stawell for the 2nd Semi. Every club gets to host a final every second year so clubs need to be prepared to play finals anywhere within the league. No consideration at all should be given to the fact that EA has players residing in Mt Gambier as other clubs may have players from Ballarat or Melbourne for example and may have to play a final at Aplsey next year. He admitted that he got the selection of his grand final side wrong. Matt Close got two kicks for the day and couldn't kick over five metres! He was doubtful coming into the GF and if he wasn't thoroughly fitness tested thursday or friday than you could only blame the coaching staff. To have five players requiring 'needles' (ie. not fully fit) prior to the match is crazy. I'm sure there were some fit guys that would have done a better job that played in the seconds grand final. But he gets it right when he says he was beaten by a better team on the day. Also a better coached side.

yes sir Kalkee are bloody good

heard some reports the schulz boys are going back. also heard the magee boys from dim and also hamish exell from dim also to Kalkee, might get 10 straight flags.

Dunno were you heard that champ, steve schulz is heading back, but Tom and Matt magee are staying put at Dimboola for ahwile i beleive, Was just having a chat to Hammer about what him and his brother lachie are doing for the next year and they said "sticking around the club next year will be whats happening, because big things are about to happen"

Dunno were you heard that champ, steve schulz is heading back, but Tom and Matt magee are staying put at Dimboola for ahwile i beleive, Was just having a chat to Hammer about what him and his brother lachie are doing for the next year and they said "sticking around the club next year will be whats happening, because big things are about to happen"

Spot on mate , wouldn't expect the boys to be back in the near future , pretty stong rumour that Farr will be the coach of n/q next year ! Interesting to see if that one works !!cobbers comments in the paper didn't do him any favors I don't think , kalkee had several players under injury clouds heading into finals aswell , maybe just the different player management was the difference in the end !!

Well it seems big things could be happening in Dimmy, no one will leave if Farr brings more good players.

Jacob Cooke Harrison could be on the move to HDFL not sure what the story is with the Horsham Saints?

Taylors Lake are screwed for nexr year, Gavin & Heath Kelm on the move back to saints, Pat Purcell and Brittian off to Hopetoun

Taylors Lake are screwed for nexr year, Gavin & Heath Kelm on the move back to saints, Pat Purcell and Brittian off to Hopetoun

And that won't be the last of it either. I know of a couple more that are looking to get off the sinking ship. Will be interesting to see if they can buy their way out of it this time. Hopefully this will teach a very harsh lesson; You can't buy a premiership. You can't buy loyalty. You need to build it up from the juniors.

And that won't be the last of it either. I know of a couple more that are looking to get off the sinking ship. Will be interesting to see if they can buy their way out of it this time. Hopefully this will teach a very harsh lesson; You can't buy a premiership. You can't buy loyalty. You need to build it up from the juniors.

Thats a bit harsh... The Kelm's would have played juniors there surely!! Weren't they just trying to survive???

Thats a bit harsh... The Kelm's would have played juniors there surely!! Weren't they just trying to survive???

To be honest, I don't know where the Kelms played their junior footy. I can't be sure if you have your tongue in your cheek with that reply. If the Kelms were about doing it for the club, they would be hanging around next year. And on the topic of survival; I think my earlier post covers that reasonably well. The easiest way to survive is to build a strong club culture from the juniors up - not poach kids from other clubs in the HDFL. Their efforts (year in, year out) to offer $50-$150 to kids that are first year out of junior footy is very poor form. That sort of money to a kid on first year apprentice wages is just un-ethical.

To be honest, I don't know where the Kelms played their junior footy. I can't be sure if you have your tongue in your cheek with that reply. If the Kelms were about doing it for the club, they would be hanging around next year. And on the topic of survival; I think my earlier post covers that reasonably well. The easiest way to survive is to build a strong club culture from the juniors up - not poach kids from other clubs in the HDFL. Their efforts (year in, year out) to offer $50-$150 to kids that are first year out of junior footy is very poor form. That sort of money to a kid on first year apprentice wages is just un-ethical.

Adam hall coach n/q in 2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swifts again building for season 2013 !

most of the senior list already been on the track , few kids putting on some size

ins - martin, cowen, cook , taylor , whispers of stawell warriors young gun cam kimber ???
outs - r. thomas ,

Noradjuha Quantong: Adam Hall.
Harrow Balmoral: Brent Forsyth.

Anybody know anything about Harrow Balmoral's new coach? Is he likely to bring any other Hamilton recruits with him? Apparently Tim Crick in discussions with some other clubs.

Any news from Taylors Lake or Natimuk in relation to coaching appointments?

Anybody know anything about Harrow Balmoral's new coach? Is he likely to bring any other Hamilton recruits with him? Apparently Tim Crick in discussions with some other clubs.

Word is Brent Forsyth is making close connections (pardon the pun) to get the Close brothers back to their farming country from the big smoke. The duo would be massive key position inclusions if they chose to return from the mattafix ('big city life')

Won a league medal in the Central Murray a few years back. Bloke can play footy

As my last post has been edited by our good friends here at big footy. Let me just say Roota I suggest you do some research from your home club.

I was wondering if it was the same bloke. I thought he was staying at Lalbert but obviously not. He is coming off a serious knee injury late in the season so I'm not sure how much footy he will play in 13. He did play well for us though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back