Horsham DFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got match reports from the weekend??

Laharum go back to back. HB should play finals and Fev worth it for EA. At the other end, Pimp to win wooden spoon. Fair summary?

Anyone got match reports from the weekend??

Laharum go back to back. HB should play finals and Fev worth it for EA. At the other end, Pimp to win wooden spoon. Fair summary?

I don't think we can rule out Kalkee just yet. They still have a couple to come back in. Carter, G Schultz and Young will add experience, height and pace (respectively).

I'd have Harrow-Balmoral and Edenhope Apsley fighting it out for 3rd and 4th spots and potentially Taylor's Lake, Noradjuha-Quantong and Stawell playing off for 5th, 6th and 7th.

That leaves Natimuk, Rupanyup and Pimpinio for the bottom end.

If I had to predict a ladder right now, it would be:
Kalkee
Laharum
Edenhope-Apsley
Harrow-Balmoral
Taylor's Lake
------------------
Noradjuha-Quantong
Stawell
Rupanyup
Natimuk
Pimpinio

I don't think we can rule out Kalkee just yet. They still have a couple to come back in. Carter, G Schultz and Young will add experience, height and pace (respectively).

I'd have Harrow-Balmoral and Edenhope Apsley fighting it out for 3rd and 4th spots and potentially Taylor's Lake, Noradjuha-Quantong and Stawell playing off for 5th, 6th and 7th.

Kalkee
Laharum
Edenhope-Apsley
Harrow-Balmoral
Taylor's Lake
------------------
Noradjuha-Quantong
Stawell
Rupanyup
Natimuk
Pimpinio

Feel like changing that up a bit now Piglet?

Feel like changing that up a bit now Piglet?

I won't be changing it a heck of a lot. Stawell and Taylors Lake might swap spots after the weekend's results and perhaps Kalkee will be 2nd or 3rd, but essentially things won't change heaps. Kalkee have started slowly the last couple of years and have still managed to get to the pointy end of the season regularly. I know this will upset a few people from Stawell, but they will be middle of the road again this year. I realise that many of the Baggies supporters get on here pumping up their own tyres year-in-year-out, but I don't really rate them.

Interesting to see some of Deek Roberts' comments in the paper this week about attitude. Buzz around the pubs on Saturday night was that the Laker-boys certainly went the man rather than the ball. Not sure if it was a tactic to unsettle Laharum or was just the Lakers doing what they always do. Apparently Jason Weir was at his usual best in trying to kill kids. Pretty ordinary from a bloke that's a teacher....

Any thoughts on Mal Coutts recent comments? This is what he apparently said to the Mailtimes after Pimpinio's big loss to Laharum: “They were too good, too strong, too fast, too skilled and they’ve got too much money for us to compete with them.'' See this article: http://www.mailtimes.com.au/story/2254891/hdfnl-player-payments-debate-sparked-have-your-say/?cs=226
Mal Coutts comments were very much tall poppy syndrome. Laharum have done a great job with their juniors over the last ten years and that hard work is now showing in the success of the senior team. Similar to Kalkee of 2008-2012, plenty of junior success in the years before the senior premierships and a heap of those former juniors in the seniors success.
From what I hear Pimpinio have offered dollars this year to young players from other local clubs but only a few accepted the offers. Had all the offers been accepted Pimp would be spending just as much as most other clubs in the league. For whatever reasons the players just didn't want to go there. I reckon Mal would be regretting his comments now.

Last edited:
Sad news in the KNTFL with Kybybolite having to forfeit their reserves match on the weekend due to insufficient numbers. Word is there maybe a merger between Border Districts and Kyby (around 15 apart) but that would mean maintaining 3 grounds as Borders currently play 3 games per year at Goroke and the remainder at Frances. Is this a chance for Nor-Quan to possibly catch the remaining loyal Goroke people by playing a couple of games per year there. its an excellent ground, one of the best in the KNTFL and i think it would be a good move. Thoughts? Would Nor-Quan like that idea?

So what are the thoughts or the story on the Laharum. Natimuk united racism row? Any substance to the story or just a personal vendetta? Was interested to see in the wmt article, natimuk president did not buy into the story!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personal vendetta? Apparently not the first time the guy has been picked up for using racist remarks on a football field. Carine would want to be careful not to take it too lightly either. Will be a very interesting test case for the Wimmera.

Now the player has been named can see why Tim Friend is shouting as loudly as he is. Friendy should be careful, Miller's sister could punch the suitcase out of him.

Now the player has been named can see why Tim Friend is shouting as loudly as he is. Friendy should be careful, Miller's sister could punch the suitcase out of him.
They were nearly married a few years ago!! Then she got into body building, So I think she would pack a good punch. So not a lot of love going on there now.

Yeah that was my point, to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing her give him a flogging!
Is Tim Friend now facing the tribunal for bringing the game into disrepute or breaching the AFL Vic Country cybersafety policy?? Also Robbie Miller ran into a bit of bad luck while on a trip up north. Might have had the the bone pointed at him!

Is Tim Friend now facing the tribunal for bringing the game into disrepute or breaching the AFL Vic Country cybersafety policy?? Also Robbie Miller ran into a bit of bad luck while on a trip up north. Might have had the the bone pointed at him!
Ironic really, its all about the boats!!! So what was Tim charged with and penalty if there was one?

Ironic really, its all about the boats!!! So what was Tim charged with and penalty if there was one?

That is ironic. It's also interesting that everyone I speak to has a pretty good idea of what was said out on the field. Don't get me wrong, racism has absolutely no place in sport or in life in general, but the process clearly hasn't been followed here. I'm only going by what is written in the papers but I'm pretty sure that the findings (including what was said on the field) are to remain confidential for 7 years. Is that true? Seems unusual that it would need to be kept confidential at all but rules are rules, I suppose.

What is also interesting is that the papers were allowed to publish the name of the player when you consider the 7-year rule. Again, after talking to pretty much everyone in the HDFNL about the topic, the player in question was named by just about everyone prior to it being published in the paper.

What I'm getting at is that someone has clearly spoken about it. I'd almost bet my bottom dollar that it wasn't the accused going around telling people what was said out there. Just an interesting point of view about an interesting situation.

Tim Friend suspended for two weeks.
Interesting reading all the comments on the wmt face book page. I think they didn't want Miller ever to play football again! But they both used inappropriate name calling, one a Racist one a bully. Will be n interesting last round I am sure.

Last edited:
Interesting reading all the comments on the wmt face book page. I think they didn't want Miller ever to play football again! But they both used inappropriate name calling, one a Racist one a bully. Will be n interesting last round I am sure.
Yes many ill informed comments from arm chair critics on facebook. Racist comments on the footy field are not acceptable – that is why Miller got suspended. Inappropriate remarks on social media about the league are also unacceptable and are in breach on the AFL cybersafety policy, which Friend should have been fully aware of. By wording his comments more carefully, he still could have made a strong stance against racism without breaching the AFL policy. I still do not know what Miller said so I cannot comment on if his penalty was appropriate or not. But you wouldn’t want to be the next player charged with racial vilification as you'd be sure to go for a lot longer after all this furore.

Kalkee
Laharum
Edenhope-Apsley
Harrow-Balmoral
Taylor's Lake
------------------
Noradjuha-Quantong
Stawell
Rupanyup
Natimuk
Pimpinio

Hey Piglet,
This is the only predicted final ladder that I found on this thread. Thought I would have posted one myself but apparentl;y not. Laharum will obviously finish top. Kalkee will sneak into third and maybe second. You have seriously underestimated Swifts and overestimated Taylors Lake. But all in all not a bad effort!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back