News Hosking and Kiely charged - accept their punishment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jess Hosking, Richmond, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Alyce Parker, GWS GIANTS, during the second quarter of the Round Nine match between Richmond and GWS GIANTS, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday March 5, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, High Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a two-match sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Meagan Kiely, Richmond, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Katie Loynes, GWS Giants, during the third quarter of the Round Nine match between Richmond and GWS GIANTS, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday March 5, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a reprimand with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $400 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a reprimand with an early plea.

challenge it S'osking!

It was Jess.

Practically zero chance of getting out of that. Chose to bump and left Parker concussed and out of the match.

No doubt the outcome was accidental but provides no defence for a challenge to the suspension.

Tigers went into the match wanting to be physical as evidenced by KB almost putting her opponent into the 3rd row of seats in the first few minutes of the game and the various dust ups during the game.

Jess was a bit unlucky Parker was concussed. 9 times out of 10 Parker picks herself up and resumes playing. Hope Jess plays the same way next time she plays.

Hosking, Kiely accept MRO charges​

Richmond duo Jess Hosking and Meagan Kiely have both accepted their charges from the Match Review Officer following Saturday's win over Greater Western Sydney.

Jess Hosking, Richmond, was charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Alyce Parker, GWS GIANTS, during the second quarter of the Round Nine match between Richmond and GWS GIANTS, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday March 5, 2022.

The incident was classified as a two-match sanction as a first offence. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, High Impact, High Contact.

She has accepted a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Meagan Kiely, Richmond, has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Katie Loynes, GWS Giants, during the third quarter of the Round Nine match between Richmond and GWS GIANTS, played at GIANTS Stadium on Saturday March 5, 2022.

The incident was classified as a $400 sanction as a first offence. Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact.

She has accepted a reprimand with an early plea.

It was Jess.

Practically zero chance of getting out of that. Chose to bump and left Parker concussed and out of the match.

No doubt the outcome was accidental but provides no defence for a challenge to the suspension.

Tigers went into the match wanting to be physical as evidenced by KB almost putting her opponent into the 3rd row of seats in the first few minutes of the game and the various dust ups during the game.

Jess was a bit unlucky Parker was concussed. 9 times out of 10 Parker picks herself up and resumes playing. Hope Jess plays the same way next time she plays.
Was it, my bad. Connected the dots (Sarah's bandage) and got a different picture. Still thought it was contestable after another look. I recall both Parker and Hosking's forearms being up for protection in the collision (Parker having handballed literally 1 step prior to the front on visible collision) it could have been either girl concussed really depending on the tilt of the head. 2 weeks is harsh for mine, whether a Richmond player or anyone else for that matter. Bloody wish a few of my opponents copped 2 for that over my career (different era I know)

Last edited:
Jess Hosking not at all happy that she got two weeks for an accidental head clash when Jordyn Allen deliberately punches Emelia Yassir and gets a reprimand.

Totally agree Jess. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Exactly - roll back time and change the tilt of the heads and Jess gets concussed instead, does Parker get charged with Careless Conduct, High Impact, High Contact?

That was my first beef, I'd argue it wasn't Careless at all - both players entered that contact sighted and with reasonable protection (for a contact sport) - the head striking head is High - is what it is - Impact was High as one of them gets concussed. - it was a week for whoever doesn't get concussed, that is just how it has to roll, but two weeks is /was a crock of s**t!

Last edited:
Jess Hosking not at all happy that she got two weeks for an accidental head clash when Jordyn Allen deliberately punches Emelia Yassir and gets a reprimand.

Totally agree Jess. Makes no sense whatsoever.

when Jordyn Allen deliberately punches Emelia Yassir and gets a reprimand.
i would expect our leaders to remember this incident & give Jordyn a warm welcome, when we meet again
Maybe send McLelland to her, say g'day and make her feel what hell is like during the game

MRP is a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back