Preview Hosting the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2010
Ngunnawal
AFL Club
Adelaide
[copied from my post in changes thread]

Saints have beaten us only once since they held us to just 24 points in 2011. That was our lowest score ever at the time, and that record stood for 10 years until last year's Essendon debacle.

Last year's match in Cairns of course was the thriller, or should I say Thrillthorper. Riley lit up in the last 8th (last half of last quarter) for 2 of the 3 goals that earned him the RS nom for the round. Who could forget the over the shoulder goal that sealed the match?

Both sides have wholesale changes from that game, 10 outs for us, 11 for the Saints. Butts, Seeds and Sloane the most notable for us; Steele, Higgins, Butler, Dunstan and Highmore for the Saints.

That said, our forward core of Walker, McAdam, Thilthorpe, McHenry, Fogarty and Rowe is unchanged from that day, Rachele and Murphy also come in.

Adelaide Oval has not been a happy place for the Saints, their only wins there being against us and Port in consecutive rounds in the Covid affected 2020.

I'm thinking without Steele, Higgins and Butler, at home, and after at least showing some contest against Brisbane, we have to be a better chance than the $2.94 odds suggest.

I expect Brad to be out to prove a point against his old club, however.

Was looking at the current ladder positions, we have lost to teams 2,3 and 4 (average 28.3 point margin); beaten 8th, 9th and 10th (8 point average margin); and lost to 11th, 14th and 15th (average 37 point margin).

Hard to get a read on the form. Not surprisingly for a young team, good and bad days.

IMO there's only been 2 games where we haven't bought the contest (Collingwood and GWS).

But a 1 point loss to Freo doesn't look as bad now as it did after Round 1.

Mad Dog Mackay is a big out from last time.

b6dd304b862622e3c78c0371e4d76148b0d6c003

I
[copied from my post in changes thread]

Saints have beaten us only once since they held us to just 24 points in 2011. That was our lowest score ever at the time, and that record stood for 10 years until last year's Essendon debacle.

Last year's match in Cairns of course was the thriller, or should I say Thrillthorper. Riley lit up in the last 8th (last half of last quarter) for 2 of the 3 goals that earned him the RS nom for the round. Who could forget the over the shoulder goal that sealed the match?

Both sides have wholesale changes from that game, 10 outs for us, 11 for the Saints. Butts, Seeds and Sloane the most notable for us; Steele, Higgins, Butler, Dunstan and Highmore for the Saints.

That said, our forward core of Walker, McAdam, Thilthorpe, McHenry, Fogarty and Rowe is unchanged from that day, Rachele and Murphy also come in.

Adelaide Oval has not been a happy place for the Saints, their only wins there being against us and Port in consecutive rounds in the Covid affected 2020.

I'm thinking without Steele, Higgins and Butler, at home, and after at least showing some contest against Brisbane, we have to be a better chance than the $2.94 odds suggest.

I expect Brad to be out to prove a point against his old club, however.
If we can curb Marshall and King it will go a long way to winning. Butts out hurts though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back