Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanerednwhite

Debutant
Feb 2, 2023
AFL Club
Sydney
When I put my hand up to review this game at the start of the year I was thinking it could be a real flash point for our season. Some difficult games including a gf rematch, our bogey team in Port and the always closely contested battle against gws could either leave our season on a knife's edge or set up to hit the much anticipated rematch against the pies whom we held onto victory against to gain a gf birth with a real head of steam.

Little did I know we would be decimated by injuries making those already hard games even harder, injuries that seem to continually get worse. Even though they played out the game I will be watching training footage closely at the likes of Tom Mccartin, Papley and Rowbottom who all came from the ground to receive attention from the trainers at different times.

As heart breaking and bitterly disappointing as that loss was I'm still heartened by a few things, firstly any and all concerns over Parkers form can completely be put to bed as he led from the front which was a resounding response as far as the contested ball and clearances go.
With out it I feel we wouldn't have even been in touch at half time to allow us a chance to finally get some momentum and put some scoreboard pressure back on them.

Our structures especially defensively broke down again leaving the door ajar which they pried open with some individual brilliance but as a whole I feel alot better this week going in against the pies then I did against gws. Partly because I was so concerned that they may have imploded under the pressure on the back of the annihilation at the hands of the cats. But even though there were huge aspects of our game fat from what made us a threat to everyone last year still missing at least that intent and that competiviness was there.

Mayby it's also because I've always enjoyed being the underdog and we most definitely are that against the top of the ladder pies. It almost feels like a rocky movie and there Mr T it's just a matter of time before we find out which version of Rocky will we be, the one who is dealt with convincingly or the one that refinds his mojo for a win that no one saw possible!

Gonna need more than just effort

Number 1 pressure side against our defence atm could see an absolute towel up
Very true could be knocked out in the 2nd just like Rocky in the first match vs Clubber Lang 😉😁

Thanks mate took this long to bring myself to do it. I usually lean on alot more stats but stats are the last thing I feel like looking into at the moment lol
"I need stats like I need a hole in the head"

- Abraham Lincoln, c. 1865

Pies should flog us, we were flattered by scoreline v GWS, first half was putrid, lacked intensity.

Third quarter looked like Sydney, but the same issues were there, GWS didnt exploit them, I think the pies will.

They also won't mind Parker getting 30 hot potatoes putting team mates under the pump like yesterday.

Hopefully Blakey Warner Gulden get going and hit targets, attack, flair, good ball movement, and ditch the overly negative safe stuff

I hope, I know our best could win

But id tip pies by 60 plus

Our team defence is awful, not just the backline, who are playing like junk, but efforts of the midfield defensively. That stoppage defence, yuck that was unforgiveable

Injury list is pretty small now at least, no excuses there

Can we just turn this s**t around

Could this be the first ever game I leave early from? We play like we did against Geelong, the answer is yes, yes it will be.
Fortunately my mate got me and some of my mates MCC tickets, so if/when things **** up I'm heading straight to the bar lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies should flog us, we were flattered by scoreline v GWS, first half was putrid, lacked intensity.

Third quarter looked like Sydney, but the same issues were there, GWS didnt exploit them, I think the pies will.

They also won't mind Parker getting 30 hot potatoes putting team mates under the pump like yesterday.

Hopefully Blakey Warner Gulden get going and hit targets, attack, flair, good ball movement, and ditch the overly negative safe stuff

I hope, I know our best could win

But id tip pies by 60 plus

Least Longmire will clamp down on Daicos so we dont have to hear the fapping in the commentary box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back