Mega Thread Hot Topic - Drugs and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Dank's appeal against life ban thrown out

"STEPHEN Dank's appeal against a lifetime sports ban has been thrown out by the AFL Appeals Board because of the disgraced sports scientist's "lack of cooperation and communication". "

Wow this is incredible, the AFL actually made a desicion and stuck to it. Careful Gil, you have set a precedent now.

Wow this is incredible, the AFL actually made a desicion and stuck to it. Careful Gil, you have set a precedent now.
That's because the independent tribunals made the decision both times - not the executive team.

I'll keep this brief...I hear Ryder is stuck in China. Possibly for a long time!
Potentially serious Visa issues in relation to previous "conviction". Poor guy, deserves better than this!!

KT and co got their hands full today :(

Last edited:
I'll keep this brief...I hear Ryder is stuck in China. Potentially serious Visa issues in relation to previous "conviction". Poor guy, deserves better than this!!

Oh s**t, the coming season is starting to feel like 2016 dejavu. Strange as the doping conviction didn't result in any jail time. Better make sure any players we take over in May have a meticulously clean slate then.

I'll keep this brief...I hear Ryder is stuck in China. Possibly for a long time!
Potentially serious Visa issues in relation to previous "conviction". Poor guy, deserves better than this!!

You are bloody kidding me.

What do you mean by long time?

Doesn't sound right. If he was born here then he's an Aust citizen, don't think we can stop him coming back. Would have made more sense if he was stopped from getting a visa to enter China in the first place.

Also would be surprised if KT, Ken etc. would all have come back and left him there.

Last edited:
You are bloody kidding me.

What do you mean by long time?
Common sense says there's not too much to worry about, but another country, own set of rules, the potential for trouble is there I'm hearing.

What has happened to him so far there (apparently) should not have happened in common sense, hopefully it's get sorted quick but you never know!

I'm more concerned than logic says I should be :(

If nothing else, what has happened so far has deflated his spirit again. Hope be can bounce back..AGAIN.

Doesn't sound right. If he was born here then he's an Aust citizen, don't think we can stop him coming back. Would have made more sense if he was stopped from getting a visa to enter China in the first place.

Also would be surprised if KT, Ken etc. would all have come back and left him there.
Logically agree. Hope very much my sources are wrong, they are third hand. But people I certainly trust...

Hope it's largely "exaggeration".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Hunter would be working on this not KT.

To shed a little more info, I'm told this has largely come about due to Ryder losing his passport whilst in China and having to go though "paperwork" as a result. Asada history has made this more difficult apparently.

Again, I think the main concern is that this has dejected Paddy, that this asada thing will effect his life forever, despite best attempts to put it behind him :(

To shed a little more info, I'm told this has largely come about due to Ryder losing his passport whilst in China and having to go though "paperwork" as a result. Asada history has made this more difficult apparently.

Again, I think the main concern is that this has dejected Paddy, that this asada thing will effect his life forever, despite best attempts to put it behind him :(
Moral of the story, don't lose your passport. Lock it up in your safe in your room or the hotel's safe. I cant see how asada history has made this anymore difficult. you have to wait for the embassy/consulate to open up and go thru the process and wait for it to get done. the asada thing isn't going to stop the Oz government issuing a passport to an Oz citizen, he hasn't broken any laws of Oz and got outstanding warrants for the oz government to delay issuing him with a new one. nothing to do with the Chinese government as its not a visa issue its a lost passport issue which happened to have a visa in it. Hopefully he has the visa number or a copy of it handy or the travel agent has it to show departing authorities.

Given that the trip was official club business and organised by them, I imagine they would have done all the right things, i.e. having copies of all player's passports, paperwork all in order etc.

I would also doubt that he would have been left in China by himself, and KT, Ken and Chris Davies are all back in Australia.

tumblr_n9x5rowOoY1r4gei2o2_400.gif

I agree. I hope Paddy is now back, and it was good ole mountain out of a molehill stuff.

I am confident that he did not come home with the rest. And was/is very angry/dejected even if only slightly delayed in returning because of it.

Can anyone actually confirm he's home? I'm lead to believe they were hopeful of getting him out today.

Again, hope my information is wrong about the whole thing ! Any embarrassment for me is nothing compared to his welfare, clearly.

News Flash: Chad Wingard was held up in Bali at the end of the 2015 season due to a volcano which was blowing up drug laced volcanic ash. Corrupt Authorities were unable to determine if the drug traces indicated on the Cash strapped club's player were from his possible prior malevolent behaviours.

If there was an issue you would think Andrew Hunter would have stayed to sort out the issue and going by his Twitter he got 'home' on Saturday after a long trip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back