Hottest 100 2017 voting/predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

On to the Hottest 200 tomorrow!

I’m still waiting on them to pay out a couple more errors. It’s pretty amateur the way it’s all been done.
Yeh I still see a couple of errors over here, but one has switched without me asking, so hopefully they automatically all switch over from your guys complaints.

On to the Hottest 200 tomorrow!

Based on today's very mediocre list, I'm a lot more excited about the 1997 H100 on Double J.

That said, there's been a couple of years when I've enjoyed the 101-200 list more than the top 100, so I'll probably keep an ear on it.

I want to listen to both :(

You can Spotify 1997 any time you like

That said, I’ll be choosing the old school tomorrow...because I am old school

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can Spotify 1997 any time you like

That said, I’ll be choosing the old school tomorrow...because I am old school

I think/hope the beauty of tomorrow will be playing some of the old interviews and old stories from the bands in the 100.

One of the things I really noticed about today was the massive lack of interviews/reactions from the artists who had made it. When you consider that 65 of the songs played today were Australian, and that pretty much every Australian band in the count owes a lot of their success to Triple J, I can't fathom that they were being rejected. So it would seem like a conscious decision to do less interviews.

There was a lot less "vox pop" calls today as well - but no one wants to hear drunks screaming down the phone anyway, so that's a good thing.

I think/hope the beauty of tomorrow will be playing some of the old interviews and old stories from the bands in the 100.

One of the things I really noticed about today was the massive lack of interviews/reactions from the artists who had made it. When you consider that 65 of the songs played today were Australian, and that pretty much every Australian band in the count owes a lot of their success to Triple J, I can't fathom that they were being rejected. So it would seem like a conscious decision to do less interviews.

There was a lot less "vox pop" calls today as well - but no one wants to hear drunks screaming down the phone anyway, so that's a good thing.

I think they try their best now to squeeze it into the 8 hour timeslot. Not sure why

Anyway, I try my very best to treat the old countdowns like they are brand new. Sure, I know a large number of songs that will play, but every now and then I get a nice surprise

Did anyone pressure about this? It’s small fry in the scheme of things but I still think it’s sneaky if they try to claim it as a loss.
Got a few people on it. Will push it more tomorrow, think they've wound up for tonight. We have evidence they've pushed a contradictory message, I feel they can't rely on the ambiguity of the bet, if we push it they'll pay out.

So now do people just treat this as another way to bet? That's not very Tom Tilley chill bro

Did anyone pressure about this? It’s small fry in the scheme of things but I still think it’s sneaky if they try to claim it as a loss.
Not small fry for me, that will be my biggest return today

I don't care, it is a valid bet and is successful. I will be pestering them until they honour it.

I am waiting to use the line that obviously Richmond finished "lower" than Brisbane Lions in 2017.

Wha
Not small fry for me, that will be my biggest return today

I don't care, it is a valid bet and is successful. I will be pestering them until they honour it.

I am waiting to use the line that obviously Richmond finished "lower" than Brisbane Lions in 2017.
Whata bet what This

I suspect the argument they'll make is that Sober didn't make the 100. And maybe if you're betting on the hottest 100, it needs to make the 100.

Not that I care. I'm personally disappointed that this thread hasn't been at all about the music, it's just been dick waving and another thing we used to enjoy being taken over by betting. I don't know why it wasn't taken to the punting board, allowing us to discuss the actual songs and artists.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I suspect the argument they'll make is that Sober didn't make the 100. And maybe if you're betting on the hottest 100, it needs to make the 100.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would that matter, when I placed the bet there was nothing to say they had to finish in the top 100, just below #10
You cannot go any further below #10 than not making the count altogether.

Gotta admit, I did not see The National getting three tracks into the top 10. I really didn't think they were that popular amongst your average jjj listener, at least not anymore.

Though, it must be said, the songs weren't quite as good I remember. They seemed a bit more... over the top, a bit more obvious, not quite as charming as they did when I first heard them? In fact, they sounded more like they were off of their older albums than the new one. Might just have been because I wasn't really paying attention.

Anyway, well done to the lads. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back