Houli’s hit off the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats fans lauded Ablett and staunchly defended him for his indescretions earlier this year. I distinctly remember them praising him for aggression and playing on the edge, making them earn their kicks etc.

You reap what you sow, I guess.

You are allowed to go to ground when you get hit in the head. Should have been a free kick and it will likely be a fine. If Geelong had of won and ablett did the same thing all you tigers fans would be calling for his head.
I wouldn’t because I’m not a petulant child and can look at things in a rational manner.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Intentional, high, low impact. One week.

Match Review Officer's full statement: W3 finals, part one
Sep 21, 2019 1:14PM
MRO Michael Christian has revealed all his findings - AFL,Tag-AFL HQ,Tribunal

MRO Michael Christian has revealed all his findings
The AFL advises the Match Review of last night’s Preliminary Final match between Richmond and the Geelong Cats has now been completed. No charges have been laid from the match with one incident requiring detailed explanation.

Incident assessed:
Contact between Richmond’s Bachar Houli and Geelong Cats’ Gryan Miers from the third quarter of Friday’s match was assessed. Houli is leading into space when Miers moves to lay a block. Houli seeks to evade Miers and in the process of fending off his opponent, Houli makes high contact. It was the view of the MRO there was insufficient forceful high contact to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

Sep 29, 2009
Belgrave
AFL Club
Geelong
Note angle of respective players bodies. Looks like one has definitely come off his line to engage the other. I'll let you decide who.
Look at vid as Houli is approaching. As Miers steps back to brace for the hit, Houli goes of line to match that. Why not admit Houli lined him up off the ball. Thats what the vid says. Miers should have got a free.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Miers was standing the mark, Houli went to run past into space, Miers stepped to his right to engage to
the chest, Houli brushed him off with a forearm to the neck the dreadlocks cushioned the blow. At least
they looked at it, but the commentators saying get up you cannot do that in a final is what annoyed
me, Miers was then booed every time he went near it from then on which was poor. I like Houli I am
glad he can play next week, but being a "Good Bloke" is not a defence, insufficient force is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
How so? Intentional? Yes High contact? Yes Impact? Low. Should be one week. But it’s Bachar Houli, not Tom Hawkins or Toby Green. Besides, the football media has already adjudicated just as they did with Hawkins.
You really think that's one week? Please tell me how Gary Ablett got away with multiple suspensions earlier this year if that is a suspension?

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Look at vid as Houli is approaching. As Miers steps back to brace for the hit, Houli goes of line to match that. Why not admit Houli lined him up off the ball. Thats what the vid says. Miers should have got a free.
Houli lined him up... you definitely need the summer off. Miers moved off his line first. If anything he was lining Houli up.

The vid says Miers tried to be a tough guy got a slight bump, paused for a second then took a dive.

Learned that from his captain

You really think that's one week? Please tell me how Gary Ablett got away with multiple suspensions earlier this year if that is a suspension?
No, I don't. I just don't like how the media controlled the narrative

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Miers wasn't the same player after he got an elbow to the head from Houli. Who has form as a sniper. So?

Maybe a young kid in front of 90000 people could not deal with the added pressure that the crowd and opposition put into him after a clear dive. Got booed every time he touched it after the incident and also copped a heap from nearly every Richmond player who went past him.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's official, the AFL is corrupt and Richmond's* potential 2019 cup* will have an asterisk*.

If it's any consolation, The Pies have no chance of winning next week even if Houli got rubbed out.

Good old news.com.au headline going on about the “double standards” at play & referencing Greene’s suspension for being a weak, dirty player.

Completely different circumstances & absolutely nothing in what Houli did, I think Miers would have felt more impact when he went to ground

Ned_Isakoff

Senior List
Aug 27, 2018
Hiding at Pop Sings
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It will be looked at. I'd be surprised if he got a week. If he did, Id still be confident in winning an appeal.

Houli could've pulled out a gun and shot Myers between the eyes and it would be ignored.

The EVFL can't have their Victorian love child miss out out on their gifted premiership next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back