FTA-TV House Rules 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Well, it starts tonight. Last season turned into another reality TV shitfest with the bitches from Ararat versus the bogan from West Sydney. I wonder what this season will hold for those who watch it. Apparently, there's a house done in the first two eps that will be auctioned off.

Jared Petrenko, didn't think I'd see him on TV again apart from the occasional cross replay.

Seriously, if a guy dressed like that said he was going to interior decorate my house I'd run for the hills.

One team gets the master bedroom and kitchen while another only gets the dining room, a hallway and the laundry

Seems fair

First thoughts:
The contestants get dumber every series. They seem to pick more and more people who have never picked up a tool in their life, or done any designing.
Most contestants so far make me want to gouge out my eyes and ears. It's going to be a long season.

I work in an art gallery so Arthur Streeton came to mind, but for your everyday home owner 'Australian Impressionists' isn't really going to mean much. Or inspire much.

Do they encourage the abusive contestants during auditions or do they let it come naturally?

Not much some of those teams can do with their zones. Especially those with walk areas.

I like what they did tonight though, in the past if your house was done first you were at a disadvantage going into the second week.

Now everyone has one reno under their belt.

Can’t seem to pick out the bitchy couple this year so far. Reckon WA will eventually get that gig, given their local council hates them.

That was a pretty nasty situation with a Carolyn though.

The Qld brothers somewhat remind me of the brothers that won it the other year.

No Tassie team, but two from NSW and Qld (well Michelle and Kim are from Tweed Heads so NSW by a technicality :D )

Also, has Petrenko let himself go a bit since finishing his footy career?

I'm just astounded they ripped apart and rebuilt that house in just 7 days to what looks like an amazing place. The house rules were a bit wanky, but this is the series that once featured "country chic". Hard to get a bead on the contestants yet, and Caroline going down was a bit of a shocker. The little redhead rocket has really stacked the weight on in the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they going to keep playing the same of Jared?

The house looks out of place on the street

I quite liked the house, sure some of the design choices weren't to my liking, but there was nothing there that would take thousands of dollars to fix, just sell all those stupid dog/rabbit statues and artwork get rid of the naffy pillows and throws, sell a bit of stuff off and get what you want. The kitchen and main bathroom were terrific. It sold for $1.6M so I guess that gives them $395k prize money on top of getting their house renovated for free.

How did petrenko not set himself up.... did he piss it all up against a wall.......

A lesson in spending money wisely.

Don't get me wrong I hope him and Jess do well in the show (and round 1 show they have potential to go deep into the series), but how do you end up with a mouldy dive that qualifies for House Rules on an AFL salary?

A lesson in spending money wisely.

Don't get me wrong I hope him and Jess do well in the show (and round 1 show they have potential to go deep into the series), but how do you end up with a mouldy dive that qualifies for House Rules on an AFL salary?
Both Troy and those crazy nutter chicks from the last series had mouldy shitty dirty places. Wouldn't surprise if most is fake courtesy of the producers

How's those two men not knowing New York is known as the Big Apple. I mean, how stupid can you get? The bonus room as a movie room, now that's easy to do, even those two morons couldn't muck that up. There's another bloke in the show who looks like he could be Craig McLachlan's brother.

yeah, there are some real strugglers this season. what does iconic mean, what is the big apple.

i watch shows like this mainly for schadenfreude, at the moment it's the positive affirmation couple that i want to see fail. they have a positive outlook for everything, except dealing with other human beings. and maybe budgeting, if her shopping is anything to go by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back