FTA-TV House Rules 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the the multi-level backyard meant the two teams didn't need any discussion to make the zones flow that's why they're a bit tame this week in their interaction with each other. Looks like the 4 couples did a better job this week than the 4 last week.

The smaller sized backyards probably helped in that regard.

J&B will be out all because the obvious thought of using an umbrella on the table just didn't occur to them. LLB was right, though. If they just put the deck where the fire pit was and vice versa it would've been more functional, and a brilliant design.

J&B will be out all because the obvious thought of using an umbrella on the table just didn't occur to them. LLB was right, though. If they just put the deck where the fire pit was and vice versa it would've been more functional, and a brilliant design.
I'd say having your dining setting in the furtherest corner is much less functional. All they need is some basic shade built over it. Plus the fire pit needs to be maximum distance from the house because of the smoke Smell. Funny how it didn't matter to anyone that the pizza table wasn't protected from the elements.

Do the general public decide the winner.

If so Mel and Dave have zero chance if they make the final. If Toad and Mandy make it to the end they win if a public vote by a mile who ever they are against.

Do the general public decide the winner.

If so Mel and Dave have zero chance if they make the final. If Toad and Mandy make it to the end they win if a public vote by a mile who ever they are against.
They have done a public vote in the past, but I don't think they do it anymore.

I'm a bit miffed they're showing some other show this week, then the charity week for the guy who was killed next week, and then the finals the week after that. Suck a dick C7

Last edited:
I don't know that I can watch with the story of the guy dying and his wife and kid in the house. I cry at the ad every time !

Last edited:

Petrenko will be able to cook eggs on his deck. Not like it gets to 40 in Adelaide or anything. Just crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the editing really tried to show Mel & Dave as the uber competitive assholes a bit too hard last night, but not telling T&M they decided not to use that basin was a the typical inconsiderate act they've become known for. Any thought M&D's uber competitiveness would be put aside for the sake of the poor woman who lost her husband was quickly dispelled. Interestingly, Mel & Dave have recently apologized for how they've come across in the show.

I thought the editing really tried to show Mel & Dave as the uber competitive assholes a bit too hard last night, but not telling T&M they decided not to use that basin was a the typical inconsiderate act they've become known for. Any thought M&D's uber competitiveness would be put aside for the sake of the poor woman who lost her husband was quickly dispelled. Interestingly, Mel & Dave have recently apologized for how they've come across in the show.

Probably only just realised that they'll need the public on their side to win.

i can imagine mel's 'they don't need a very big kitchen' wouldn't have gone down too well with the show-watching public. there is no way she'd say that if she was responsible for the kitchen.
channel 7 wanted to tug our heart strings and just look at what we're doing for this poor lady, but then wedges 1 team's kitchen in between another team's laundry and dining, just for some ratings. the layout of the house was as s**t as the decorating.

good thing this show is almost over so i can move on with my life.

but then wedges 1 team's kitchen in between another team's laundry and dining, just for some ratings.
I think even with the extension, the house is pretty small so they were never going to be able to provide a big kitchen and dining room. I agree, in that I thought the lay out of the kitchen/laundry/dining really didn't work that well and I can see the owner ditching the dining room table altogether or at least pushing it against the window seat for more room at the breakfast bar. The design in the house was hit and miss, like they are every week. A week isn't a long time to do anything. The main bathroom was very good, the kitchen was good, the front of the house looked great, and the laundry was OK. The rest was meh, IMHO.

Did the judges just make their scores up on the spot? That's the way it seemed from the last 9. Anyway, glad Toad and Mandy won as they were clearly the better team, and much nicer people.

That 9 was a bit high, i have a feeling she did it due to Drews score being poor. It was not a seven, and personally not sure what he brings to the show, hope he is not back next year.

Glad they were the winners though, they were decent the whole way through the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back