FTA-TV House Rules 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a format that really fizzles out in my view. The best bits are the opening rounds where everyone's doing each other's houses. By the final, we had one episode with barely any content doing the fronts of houses. Say what you want about the Block, at least it's always building to something exciting with the Auctions. House Rules just burns out without much interesting happening.

Didn't really expect them to wrap it up in one night. That was kind of a disappointing end to the series, and they showed stuff all actual building things. Wouldn't it be better if they did a whole house for prize money with the final two or three, then had an auction, then the judges give their score and then we find out who wins the moola. I have to agree with Kryptastic that the format builds to an anticlimax.

Having said that, I thought Toad & Mandy's front yard looked better (although whoever laid that turf should be shot), and I'm glad they won cos Mel & Dave have been assholes throughout the show.

The Block is here next Sunday. Now the real stuff begins.

Last edited:
thought mel and dave did better and more interesting work, but hadn't been as good as toad/mandy through the series. some of the judging sounded like it took the rest of the series into account too rather than just what they did in the past week.

Didn't really expect them to wrap it up in one night. That was kind of a disappointing end to the series, and they showed stuff all actual building things. Wouldn't it be better if they did a whole house for prize money with the final two or three, then had an auction, then the judges give their score and then we find out who wins the moola. I have to agree with Kryptastic that the format builds to an anticlimax.

Having said that, I thought Toad & Mandy's front yard looked better (although whoever laid that turf should be shot), and I'm glad they won cos Mel & Dave have been assholes throughout the show.

The Block is here next Sunday. Now the real stuff begins.
Umm, they built stuff all, all season. All they do is paint and shop.

I am glad Toad and Mandy won, the show really drags out after the amount of teams went from 6 to 3. Plus they way the show is edited with sunday and monday night judging, Sunday half the episode is a recap of the week and then monday night is a recap of the recap.

I am glad Toad and Mandy won, the show really drags out after the amount of teams went from 6 to 3. Plus they way the show is edited with sunday and monday night judging, Sunday half the episode is a recap of the week and then monday night is a recap of the recap.
Agreed, they could do all the judging in one episode.

Agreed, they could do all the judging in one episode.

The block is getting a bit like this to - like the "pool" drama last season when they just recapped the same fights but still nowhere near as bad as House Rules.

The block is getting a bit like this to - like the "pool" drama last season when they just recapped the same fights but still nowhere near as bad as House Rules.
You have to expect some recaps in a judging episode, but the recap of the recaps is pushing it too far. I usually recorded House Rules and watched it later so I could skip through the shitty bits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back