Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

The Houston Chronicle's Aaron Wilson reports Texans Chairman and COO Cal McNair will consult with Deshaun Watson on the team's next head coach.

Watson isn't officially on the team's search committee (and won't have the final say in his coach) but will reportedly be a "valued opinion and resource" for McNair in the hunt. Houston's search committee does include McNair, team president Jamey Rootes, and a group of advisors — Tony Dungy, Jimmy Johnson, R.C. Buford, Andre Johnson, Rod Graves — that will also influence the decision. With Watson locked up through 2025, this approach is a rare win for Houston in its first true coaching search since parting with Bill O'Brien following an 0-4 start. Expect interim head coach Romeo Crennel to be one of the first names called upon for an interview.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle
Dec 14, 2020, 2:46 PM ET

Crennel thanks for you service but you’re not the answer. And ffs rest Watson who’s been sacked 10+ times last two games.

Good to know BoB spent a s**t tone of draft capital "fixing" the oline.

Texans interviewed Jim Caldwell for its head coaching vacancy.
Caldwell was most recently the assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach for the Dolphins last year. Although he has a 62-50 career record at the head of the table, Caldwell's record (60-36) speaks for itself even if you were to remove his tenure with Peyton Manning in 2011. He was linked to Philadelphia's OC role before falling through the cracks in the coaching carousel over the offseason. Caldwell is likely a Deshaun Watson-approved candidate given the 65-year-old's offensive-minded gameplanning.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Houston Texans on Twitter
Dec 21, 2020, 5:01 PM ET

Texans interviewed Matt Bazirgan, the current Director of Player Personnel, for the vacant GM position.
Bazirgan spent 14 seasons with the New York Jets before being hired as the Texans' Director of Player Personnel in 2018. A veteran with in-house experience, Bazirgan likely deserves a shot at landing the spot although bigger names will also be in the mix. How appealing the Texans opening is depends on each person's view of ownership and Houston's cap space versus having Deshaun Watson.
SOURCE: Houston Texans on Twitter
Dec 22, 2020, 6:02 PM ET

BGT is more of a fantasy guru than Bazz. The #1 seed and fav heading into a cash league fantasy league final this weekend. $450 to the winner.

He deserves an interview. Drafted brilliantly this past off-season to build a league winner

Bazz is a good pro scout, BPG a good college scout

BGT not BPG. BPG has the #2 pick next year in Bigfoot Dynasty. BGT is the #1 seed and league finalist in Bigfoot.

BGT not BPG. BPG has the #2 pick next year in Bigfoot Dynasty. BGT is the #1 seed and league finalist in Bigfoot.
Alpha and Empire are the big leagues everyone else minor.....except CT because I’m currently in final four and h2h with gg Bradbury coming up. A side story, my two lowest scores of the season by a fair way were against gg (not counting game against Wiz where I had 7 byes). The man is kissed on the dick with fantasy I tell ya

Alpha and Empire are the big leagues everyone else minor.....except CT because I’m currently in final four and h2h with gg Bradbury coming up. A side story, my two lowest scores of the season by a fair way were against gg (not counting game against Wiz where I had 7 byes). The man is kissed on the dick with fantasy I tell ya
Any league that allows and has open tanking is a garbage league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#witchcraft

The Texans have interviewed ex-Bengals coach Marvin Lewis for their head-coaching vacancy.
62-year-old Lewis spent the past season as the "co-defensive coordinator" for the Arizona State Sun Devils. That is not a joke. Lewis was a program builder in Cincinnati, turning one of the biggest laughingstocks in North American sports into an annual playoff threat. The problem, of course, was his lack of finishing ability, with the Bengals going an inconceivable 0-7 in the postseason on Lewis' watch. He never had a quarterback like Deshaun Watson, but Carson Palmer came close. Lewis' ways had grown extremely stale by the end of his time in the Queen City, but he would certainly provide stability to what is currently one of the least stable franchises in the NFL. The Texans could do worse. They could also do a whole lot better.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Texans on Twitter
Dec 23, 2020, 7:06 PM ET

J.J. Watt admits he's uncertain if he will be back with the Texans in 2021.
“There’s a whole lot of unknowns, so we’ll see what happens," Watt said Thursday. "I don't have any guarantees left in my contract, so something’s gotta happen one way or another.” Watt has expressed frustration with the only organization he's only known in recent days, and the sides going their separate ways would clear $17.5 million in cap space while leaving behind $0 in dead money. Three months shy of his 32nd birthday, Watt has only five sacks this season but has generated plenty of pressure. He would be in high demand as a pass rusher/locker room presence.
SOURCE: Aaron Reiss on Twitter
Dec 31, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

We’re not winning next couple of seasons. He’s given his all and good luck to him at a contender

Reckon if he leaves he might well join his brothers. :nflsteelers:

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Texans interim GM Jack Easterby "isn’t as in control in the Texans’ organization as it might have seemed."
This, of course, would be the type of thing Easterby would leak to the media, but we're taking the report seriously. The Texans have been interviewing GM candidates for the last two weeks, and Garafolo reports the job has become "more attractive to those with no ties to Easterby." A broader general manager search should be considered a win for Deshaun Watson and Texans fans.
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Jan 2, 2021, 2:33 PM ET

Texans signed C/G Beau Benzschawel, ILB Curtis Bolton, C Cohl Cabral, LS Anthony Kukwa, WR J'Mon Moore and CB Brandon Williams to reserve/future contracts.
Cabral is the only rookie among the group. Kukwa was signed to the Texans' practice squad after being cut at the end of training camp.
SOURCE: Houston Texans PR on Twitter
Jan 4, 2021, 5:23 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Deshaun Watson is upset over the Texans' hiring process for general manager and has not spoken to team brass "in the last few days."
Yikes. ESPN's Adam Schefter adds more context, reporting Watson met with owner Cal McNair and "shared thoughts on certain candidates that came highly recommended." The front office reportedly promised Watson he would have input. Per Schefter, Watson "did not expect Houston to hire those that he endorsed, but he was hoping the Texans would be respectful of the feelings of the group of his teammates that he was trying to represent." Instead, Watson was apparently kept completely out of the loop and found out about Nick Caserio's hiring on social media. The episode especially stung Watson because he was also kept in the dark on DeAndre Hopkins' trade. None of this is surprising coming from one of the most dysfunctional organizations in North American sports. The Texans still possess nearly all of the leverage after extending Watson's contract in September, but we wouldn't consider it a guarantee that the superstar remains in Houston.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 7, 2021, 7:33 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back