Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

ESPN reports not even firing executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby would change Deshaun Watson's mind about wanting out of Houston.
"(Owner) Cal McNair would have to fire Cal McNair," were the words of a source close to Watson. ESPN also reports the Texans have "had internal conversations about possible trade partners and what their quarterback position would look like in the future without Watson." It is looking more and more like this train has left the station. The Texans hold nearly all the leverage — NFL teams always do with their players — but unless the Texans are willing to play hardball to a degree probably not seen since Carson Palmer's situation in Cincinnati, this is going to end with Watson playing somewhere else in 2021. Sporting a no-trade clause, Watson will hold most of the cards if and when the sides decide to officially pursue a trade.
SOURCE: ESPN
Jan 17, 2021, 6:22 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports there is a "growing sentiment" that Texans QB "Deshaun Watson has played his last snap for the team."
This comes off the heels of previous reports that Watson is furious with his team's handling of their GM and HC vacancies. Watson was rumored to be displeased with the trading WR DeAndre Hopkins and now an offseason of organizational moves without consulting their star passer has Watson at a 10. A trade to a team with significant draft capital is firmly in play. Both the Jets and Dolphins have a top-five selection this year plus a second pick in the first round. Miami sticks out as a front-runner for now.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jan 17, 2021, 1:46 PM ET

Bazz might need to retract his "Watson isn't going anywhere" statement from a few days ago, looking more and more likely he's done with this shithole of an organization.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This whole Easterby thing is based around his own religious beliefs and values. It's why he wanted Hopkins shipped out, coz he had kids to different women.

He's a ******* lunatic.

I've experienced psychopaths like this before myself. Ex girlfriend of mine, her sister was a ******* christian nutter and had nutcase friends like this. Drove a divide between us in the end . Couldnt continue seeing her because of the constant interference from her sister and the rest of her nutcase friends.

He's trying to create a football team based entirely on his own beliefs. No idea how he has worked his way this far into McNair's life but now he's there he's probably using some sort of religious blackmail against him, saying how he has too many sinners in his franchise and that he will go to hell if he doesn't change it, some things are more important than winning right now, trust in God , blah, blah, etc etc.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying doing some of my own digging on this clown....

Was apparently Easterby's plan all along to swap out Hopkins for Cooks (he had a good relationship with him in NE) and nothing to do with Bill OBrien.

--------

No move OBrien made was ever made unless it was co-signed by Easterby first.

Last edited:
No idea how he has worked his way this far into McNair's life but now he's there he's probably using some sort of religious blackmail against him, saying how he has too many sinners in his franchise and that he will go to hell if he doesn't change it, some things are more important than winning right now, trust in God , blah, blah, etc etc.
You worry about whether McNair is too scared to sack him as he may feel it’s against god or something similar. Wacky s**t

NFL offseasons have become better than the actual seasons nowadays.
Just wait until the Bucs season finishes and your boy Antonio really ramps up the off season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back